Odd?

When I picked up my car on Sunday, I was a little surprised that it didn't have remote entry or an alarm. Due to it's history (Acura display model) It's never been retailed so maybe that's the reason? Are those items usually installed by the dealer or are they added at the build stage?

2002 models did not come with the factory remote/alarm. Those were added accessories.

You can take it to your local Acura dealer and get it installed (but for the price, I would go aftermarket, IMHO).

Those became standard in 2003. I was quoted $650 by my dealer for the remote keyless entry. :eek:

Those became standard in 2003. I was quoted $650 by my dealer for the remote keyless entry. :eek:

Actually, they came standard on the 2004-2005 models. Ask me how I know?:) Imo, it's utterly ridiculous that the NSX did not at least have a keyless entry standard until 2004.

After recently picking up my 1991, I too was surprised to find that the car didnt come with a keyless remote. I went to the dealer to get one, thinking that the guy who sold me the car had lost it, only to find that even IF I was willing to pay an arm and a leg for the parts, they still couldn't get them.

Then, I found this post...

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/DIY/keyless_entry.htm

I thought that was the way to go when I started replying to this post a few minutes ago, but just now, I made a few calls and I cannot locate the part listed in that post.

So, now I am thoroughly confused by the keyless entry post above and think aftermarket is the only way to go. That is, of course, unless somebody can shed some light.

BTW, when I spoke to the Acura dealership just now, they said that the part number I SHOULD be looking for is: 08E60 SLO 201

Actually, they came standard on the 2004-2005 models. Ask me how I know?:) Imo, it's utterly ridiculous that the NSX did not at least have a keyless entry standard until 2004.

You are right, I had 2003 on the brain (my model year). I meant to say 2004.

So, now I am thoroughly confused by the keyless entry post above and think aftermarket is the only way to go. That is, of course, unless somebody can shed some light.

BTW, when I spoke to the Acura dealership just now, they said that the part number I SHOULD be looking for is: 08E60 SLO 201

You wont be able to obtain an OEM keyless entry "brain" for a 91-94 NSX unless you find a used system off another car. It was later changed, the older ones are no longer produced and older cars are not compatible with the newer (still available) system.

Back