Odd Question about car choice

I'm getting ready to go into the real estate business. I'm going to be purchasing a new car to use for it as well. It's a toss up right now between the TSX and the Accord EX V6. I'm trying to decide on colors and have had people tell me to be careful which color combination I choose. They tell me that potential customers look down on bright red because they think it looks too sporty and flashy. Or black on black, pretty much the same thing. They say I'll come across like a prick if I show up in too flashy of a car. They say to stick with white on tan. I say it's a complete bunch of crap! First of all, I don't think that the TSX or Accord is flashy in any way. I could maybe see where they were coming from if I got the red TSX, 6 speed with full body kit, lowered and huge chrome rims and a huge stereo system, but that's not what I would buy or do anyway. What do you guys think? Is there any truth to this? If I was looking to buy a house and my agent showed up in a new 7 series BMW, I don't think I would think anything of it. I would just think that he was succesful at what he does.

That's pretty much what I was going for. It will pretty much be a free car since I can write off the mileage and I'll be driving close to 30k miles a year. I really want it to be reliable and easy to maintain. Which I believe either of these cars will do.

Black and white cars usually comes off as elegant. Silver for classic.
I do like the white/tan combo on the TSX though.

I completely agree with you. If I get the Accord, it will be Silver with Black interior. I haven't quite decided on the TSX though. It may be the same, but I also might wait and see when the 05 TSX comes out if I can get Red with Black interior. You can't get it on the 04 TSX, but the 05 TL has it now. Maybe the 05 TSX will have it as well. I've always loved the pearl white that Acura has. I've just never been a big fan of tan interiors for some reason. Maybe I'll get the pearl white with gray leather?

By the way where are you going start your real estate business? I may be looking for some services

I'm in Utah. I've been here for 6 or 7 years. The market here is huge right now. I doubt you are in this state too, as there aren't many on Prime from Utah. Actually I don't know of anyone else. You have to be licenses in the state your are working in, but I'll be glad to help any way I can.

White92 said:
I'm in Utah. I've been here for 6 or 7 years. The market here is huge right now. I doubt you are in this state too, as there aren't many on Prime from Utah. Actually I don't know of anyone else. You have to be licenses in the state your are working in, but I'll be glad to help any way I can.

Ah ok. I have a friend who is getting a law degree at Brigham Young. If he ever wants to buy property I'll refer him to you!

The TSX is more sporty, and luxurious. But it is also less rommy.

Either way- you relly can't go wrong.

the accord v-6 6spd is a fun car. my friends sister has one and he said he took out for a ride he said it was real fun. close gears decent power. looks good with lip kit to if thats what your looking for. :D

Back