OBDII Fooling emissions, Turbo applications, ect?

Hi there.

I owned a 1994 NSX for a few months a while back but decided to sell it and come back with a newer 2002 version one day. Now I am back in the market for the NSX, but I am wondering on if having a new car will cause me to run into problems when heavily moddifying my car. I have never owned an OBDII car before, so I'm really not sure, so if you care to enlighten me, plese do. Basically, right after I get the 02 car, I plan on changing the head gaskets along with adding lower compression pistons, AEM EMS ( like my other car) and a many other items (not needed to be listed) to support a FI application.

My concern is that when it comes to older cars, there are no check engine lights or anything when emissions things are removed here and there, or if heavy mods are added, and it's easy to fool a tailpipe sniffer at the emissions test by just slighty changing the tune of the car for that test and tossing stock cats back on. I was wondering if with the newer OBDII cars such as an 02+ NSX are there ways to get by these problems such as engine lights, and how in the world to you even go about passing emmisions, since all they usually do is plug your car's computer in to read how things are working (when many of those items might be missins! lol).

Anyways, if you care to enlighten me that would be much appreciated.

This will be the deciding factor as to weather I get an 02 model, or a 95 model.

Thanks so much

Back