NYC parking ?

There are alot of parking garages in that area but it will cost you at least 20 bucks to park there if not more for the day ...if you miss the early bird special you might have to pay by the hour and that can be really expensive. The further you park to the west side the cheaper the garages get generally.

JPS Europa said:
I am looking for somewhere safe to park the NSX

best way to do it, is tell them u want to take the keys, this way you can park it and leave it right on the top level. This will of course cost you extra. Usally double plus tip.

So I left it home and used my wife's Integra for the trip because I hate what happens in parking garages. You have to like the gas mileage on the Teg. 80 MPH, AC on, 38 MPG. Anyway I get home and tell her that I am glad that I left the NSX home...NYC is so vehicle hostile. She tells me that our little backwater burg can be hostile too. She is really sorry, but she curbed the wheels on the left side. GRRRR....ARGH.....grumble...we will send them off to be refinished in the winter...better than bodywork....sigh...hope I got the job...
Saw 2 Red/Black roof NSXs' on the ride...and one F360 Modena...boy, that thing looks good. He was hauling a** too. Could not keep up...more sighing...

I drive the NSX into Manhattan a lot... It doesnt really bother me. I always valet it and just pay the guy extra to leave the car up front and untouched. Ive never had any problem at all with this approach and have been doing it for years.

NYC is car hostile, but you get used to it. For me, it wouldnt matter what I was driving. I'd be really annoyed if it got trashed. So I've learned to navigate the city and avoid the really rough areas (road wise) and I drive very defensively. For parking, I dont even consider the street. Doesnt matter if Im in the NSX or my truck. Only difference is I dont pay them to put the truck up front ;)

spookyp said:
I drive the NSX into Manhattan a lot... It doesnt really bother me. I always valet it and just pay the guy extra to leave the car up front and untouched. Ive never had any problem at all with this approach and have been doing it for years.

NYC is car hostile, but you get used to it. For me, it wouldnt matter what I was driving. I'd be really annoyed if it got trashed. So I've learned to navigate the city and avoid the really rough areas (road wise) and I drive very defensively. For parking, I dont even consider the street. Doesnt matter if Im in the NSX or my truck. Only difference is I dont pay them to put the truck up front ;)

You pay anyway because most garages charge more for vans and suv's. Ohhh lets not forget all the diff taxes that are attached with the parking fee.

Acura NsX Pilot said:
You pay anyway because most garages charge more for vans and suv's. Ohhh lets not forget all the diff taxes that are attached with the parking fee.

I've got the Freelander as my daily driver, so I avoid the extra fee! :D

I actually argued with one garage about this once when the guy said "Range Rover, extra fee". I said "this look like a Range Rover to you? This thing is smaller than most American cars". There was a Range Rover actually sitting right up front so I was able to do an animated comparison. The guy apologized and dropped the fee. The extra fee is only for the big trucks.

Proves another thing about NYC though, you always have to be attentive. Always watch everyone closely and always count your change! ;)

Back