NYC/NNJ Caravan to River Run

Here is a final plan taken from all the other NYC posts/threads to date, as I see it.

Bernard & Will, Chris, Mike, Tom (still deciding) cross the Whitestone Br.
Meet Bailey & Simon at first exit after bridge.
Leave Whitestone @ 7:00 am for NJ.

Cross GW Br. following signs to I-95 (LOCAL ONLY). I-95 & I-80 run together for a short distance (mile or so) to EXIT 70 (Leonia/Teaneck).
Take this exit and it will lead straight into the Marriott Hotel meeting area where we can fuel-up nearby (if needed) and be on I-95 by 7:30 am.

Tytus - if you decide to use GW, this is the time/meet location in NJ.

Please note: Google maps does not tell you, but you must use the local I-95 lanes after crossing the bridge. The express lanes will take you past exit 70.

Take I-95s to I-78w to exit 29 (I-287s) where we can hook-up with the Westchester/Ct. caravan (time & exact location to be determined - Bridgewater?)

It is about 45 minutes from the Marriott to the junction of I-78 & I-287 (exit 29). Approx. 8:15 am.

Larry B. -
If 8:15 is too late to meet the Westchester group, please let us know?

Safety Fast to All!
Rich :smile::smile:

Whitestone Meeting Spot:

Please take the very first exit after the Whitestone bridge (about 1/4 mile after the toll plaza). Go to the light and make a RIGHT on to Layfayette Ave and pull over to the side. That is where we can meet. You will be next to the St. Raymond's Cemetary and you won't miss it.

Here is a map of the location:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=2500 lafayette ave, bronx, ny&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

We should be there a little before 7:00 so we can leave by 7:00.

Last edited:
Will, Chris, Mike, Tom

One possible meeting spot for us before heading over the whitestone is at the whitestone cineplex/toys r us next to the van wyck. I dont think it will take long to get over the bridge on a Saturday morning. So perhaps 6:40am - 6:45am?

Bernard

Will, Chris, Mike, Tom

One possible meeting spot for us before heading over the whitestone is at the whitestone cineplex/toys r us next to the van wyck. I dont think it will take long to get over the bridge on a Saturday morning. So perhaps 6:40am - 6:45am?

Bernard

Caravan over the bridge???

From the words of the late George Carlin: “Here’s another thing we may want to ponder before being thrown screaming from a helicopter?”

If the NYC group takes I-78 as originally planned , we are only saving 4 minutes according to google maps vs. I-80 (either route is fine from Marriott). Plus, we won’t meet-up with Westchester until all the way down near Bridgewater if we go I-78.

Why not go straight out I-80 to I-287 Exit and I-287s to Exit 40A and meet Westchester much sooner?

Westchester Caravan:
From Sheraton Crossroads Mahwah to Exit 40A Parsippany is 28 mins.

NYC Caravan:
From Teaneck Marriott at Glenpoint to Exit 40A Parsippany is 32 mins.

This is a no brainer; we will need to leave our respective hotels at the exact same time in order to meet-up.

Let’s agree on same departure time from Sheraton & Marriott.

Rich :smile::smile: cell #201.245.3007

Will 7:30 from the Marriott be early enough? Please weigh in with your thoughts as we don't have much time left. :eek:

Rich (201) 245-3007

Will 7:30 from the Marriott be early enough? Please weigh in with your thoughts as we don't have much time left. :eek:

Rich (201) 245-3007

Don't think so, if we leave Westchester at 6:45, we'll be past there by 7:30 and you'll be worrying about making it on time, I could be wrong, but I'd rather drive at a leisurely pace and be a little early, than attract the wrong attention on the way down NJ

Guys,

We only have 1 more day to get this together. Please verify time to meet.

my cell 917-902-0919

Guys,

We only have 1 more day to get this together. Please verify time to meet.

my cell 917-902-0919

Final Note:
Our plan will remain as the original one. Not hooking up w/Westchester - too early. We will leave the Marriott at 7:30 for the run down.
Thanks.
See you all tomorrow - forecast looks beautiful! :biggrin::biggrin:
Rich (201) 245-3007

Thanks to all the NYC/NNJ Caravan participants for a nice run down to Lambertville Saturday. Every driver stayed on schedule and remained in the group for a very enjoyable drive. Thanks to: Simon, Chris, Mike, Bernard and Tytus. Sorry, Almost forgot...and to all passengers for putting up with our sudden bursts of speed and lane changes on I-287. :eek:

Also, we missed you guys: Bailey, Will, Steve, Brian and Tom. Maybe next time. :frown:

Regards
Rich :biggrin:

It was a nice caravan going down and picking up another one along the way! :)

Rich,
I tried calling you before we left to go home but couldn't get through. I just don't want you to think that we left you behind.

Simon

It was a nice caravan going down and picking up another one along the way! :)

Rich,
I tried calling you before we left to go home but couldn't get through. I just don't want you to think that we left you behind.

Simon

Thanks Simon. Really my fault, I should have told you I was going to hang around with Doc John a while. Got sidetracked again. I hope I didn't hold up your departure time. Sorry. We took a stroll into PA. and talked about music. My goal on this trip was to hang out with other distant people than the last trip, just to get to know more members. I figure, I can always check in with you guys at a later date, living so close and all. No offense.

My phone has connection problems that will be addressed with ATT Monday.
Thanks.
It was fun!
Rich

Thanks Simon. Really my fault, I should have told you I was going to hang around with Doc John a while. Got sidetracked again. I hope I didn't hold up your departure time. Sorry. We took a stroll into PA. and talked about music. My goal on this trip was to hang out with other distant people than the last trip, just to get to know more members. I figure, I can always check in with you guys at a later date, living so close and all. No offense.

My phone has connection problems that will be addressed with ATT Monday.
Thanks.
It was fun!
Rich

So all my years of trying to transport my essence in 3D form have worked!:eek: I was able to attend although my butt was in the hospital,Rich and I spent quality time together:tongue:

Last edited:
LOL...Doc John, your spirit was there dude.

I think Rich was hanging out with Doc Bling (John). :biggrin:

LOL...Doc John, your spirit was there dude.

I think Rich was hanging out with Doc Bling (John). :biggrin:

You are correct Simon. haha :biggrin::biggrin: That's funny! I thought I said Doc John not DocJon the user name. I should have said Challenger which I know he likes. Sorry for the confusion but "in spirit" is fine too!
I think there are as many Docs as there are red NSX's.

Also, we missed you guys: Bailey, Will, Steve, Brian and Tom. Maybe next time. :frown:

Regards
Rich :biggrin:

Definitely next time. Saturdays really not good for me. It looks like you guys had a great time.

Back