NY/CT Caravan to the 7/29 River Run

The River Run begins at 2pm in Princeton, we will be leaving Westchester promptly at noon, it's about a 75 mile trip, should take closer to 1 1/2 hours, but with bridge traffic, feel that we need to build in a cushion. The Yankee game isn't until 4:05 pm, shouldn't be a problem. Those coming from LI, we can try to meet up with you on the other side of the GW, or whatever. We will meet in NY/Westchester at the Mobil Gas Station on the Hutch, below 287on the Southbound side. No need to tank up there as gas is cheaper in NJ, but if you need a few gallons, you can do it here. If you have a club radio, bring it. My cell is 914-672-4851. Spent some time with a number of members these past few days at The Glen, don't forget to bring the overly ripe tomatoes for the show if you're staying. The Don will be wearing his wet suit in anticipation, and we don't want to disappoint him!!!!:wink:

Bump, weather looks good, hot and humid!!!!:cool:

Caravan is now up to 3 NSX's, Bob O & Lisa, Keith & Guest, Roger and Nancy, please either post up or PM me if you plan on joining us for the ride down!!!!:cool:

Count me in to meet you guys at 287W by the Sheraton. I am also about to place a call to Mike Laido, he may join us too.

Regards,
LarryB

Larry Bastanza said:
Count me in to meet you guys at 287W by the Sheraton. I am also about to place a call to Mike Laido, he may join us too.

Regards,
LarryB
Larry, we're taking the GWB down, not going over the TZ to 287, soooo, unless you swing by the Hutch, we'll see you there!!!!:cool:

RPM217 said:
Larry, we're taking the GWB down, not going over the TZ to 287, soooo, unless you swing by the Hutch, we'll see you there!!!!:cool:

I haven't checked mapquest but what is the difference between the TZ way compared with the GWB?

RPM217 said:

Roger, why'd you pick this route? I always thought the GWB was a nightmare.
Are we picking up Bailey on the way? See you tomorrow. :)

NSXLNT said:
Roger, why'd you pick this route? I always thought the GWB was a nightmare.
Are we picking up Bailey on the way? See you tomorrow. :)
I didn't pick this route, Don's directions and Mapquest did, it's shorter, however, due to popular demand, we will now go the extra 15 miles and hook up with Larry B. Peter and Sylvia, we will now be meeting on Westchester Ave, on the Westbound side, right in front of Corporate Park, our normal meeting place, why don't you join us too!!!! Noon sharp departure, don't be late, we're now going an extra 15 miles!!!

Larry Bastanza said:

Regards,
LarryB
Larry, we'll give you a call with either cell or club radio as we're all heading that way now. Make sure that you have the directions via this route as the ones I have are down the NJT. Bob, Pete, Keith and I are the 4 cars as of now. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow, who's riding shotgun with you?-R:cool:

If you want to take the TappanZee bridge, I would suggest the Garden State Parkway to the NJ Turpike Exit 9 (for Route 1). This route is shorter than taking Rt 287

Here are directions from the New York State Thruway after coming over the Tappan Zee Bridge:

1. Take exit #14A/GARDEN STATE PKWY onto NEW YORK STATE THRUWAY SOUTH toward NEW JERSEY - go 3.0 mi
2. NEW YORK STATE THRUWAY SOUTH becomes GARDEN STATE PKY SOUTH - go 42.4 mi
3. Take exit #129 onto I-95 SOUTH toward CARS ONLY - go 8.4 mi
4. Take exit #9 onto RT-18 NORTH toward NEW BRUNSWICK - go 1.4 mi
5. Bear RIGHT onto US-1 toward TRENTON - go 13.4 mi
6. Take ramp onto COLLEGE ROAD WEST toward COLLEGE ROAD - go 0.9 mi
7. Continue on VILLAGE BLVD - go < 0.1 mi
8. Arrive at 201 VILLAGE BLVD, PRINCETON, on the RIGHT

If anyone plans to travel along that route and wants to meet up, just give us a heads up as to what exit you will be getting on and whether you have a club radio.

Have fun everyone:biggrin: looks like decent weather!Stick close to RSO so he can babble your way out of a fine if you'all get nabbed:tongue:

RSO 34 said:
Here are directions from the New York State Thruway after coming over the Tappan Zee Bridge:

1. Take exit #14A/GARDEN STATE PKWY onto NEW YORK STATE THRUWAY SOUTH toward NEW JERSEY - go 3.0 mi
2. NEW YORK STATE THRUWAY SOUTH becomes GARDEN STATE PKY SOUTH - go 42.4 mi
3. Take exit #129 onto I-95 SOUTH toward CARS ONLY - go 8.4 mi
4. Take exit #9 onto RT-18 NORTH toward NEW BRUNSWICK - go 1.4 mi
5. Bear RIGHT onto US-1 toward TRENTON - go 13.4 mi
6. Take ramp onto COLLEGE ROAD WEST toward COLLEGE ROAD - go 0.9 mi
7. Continue on VILLAGE BLVD - go < 0.1 mi
8. Arrive at 201 VILLAGE BLVD, PRINCETON, on the RIGHT

If anyone plans to travel along that route and wants to meet up, just give us a heads up as to what exit you will be getting on and whether you have a club radio.

LarryG and I will be getting on RT-1 about 2/3 mile before Village Blvd, so I guess it would be pointless to meet there :biggrin:

We'll meet up with you at #8:smile:

Hi Guys,

I briefly talked to Bob and we are thinking about hooking up at the top of the Garden State Parkway. Does that work for folks? Right at the top just a mile or so south of 287/Exit 14A is a rest area, perfect for us to meet.

LMK what you think. Also if we do this what time? 12:00pm?

Later,
LarryB

Larry Bastanza said:
Hi Guys,

I briefly talked to Bob and we are thinking about hooking up at the top of the Garden State Parkway. Does that work for folks? Right at the top just a mile or so south of 287/Exit 14A is a rest area, perfect for us to meet.

LMK what you think. Also if we do this what time? 12:00pm?

Later,
LarryB

I spoke with Larry and told him we should be near him by 12:20 at the GSP rest area.

I have a wedding to go to so have fun guys and stay safe. I will be waiting for the photos. I may show up and take a cruise with you guys thou so dont be surprised if you see me at corp drive.

Roger, Peter, Bob : seems my club radio decided to quit on the drive back north. Don't want you to think we were ignoring you, or forgot to say goodbye as we each hit our exits along the way. Thanks for planning the caravan and letting Mary and me tag along. We had a great day.
Keith

Back