Number of NSXs in US

The other day while at the local car wash (hand wash only), someone asked me if I knew how many NSXs there are in the US. I remember a discussion topic awhile ago about the number of NSXs produced world-wide by year, but I had no idea how many NSX there are nationwide and/or by state. Does anyone have any stats on this? Thanks.
Larry T.

As our late friend the FAQ Nazi would advise, check the FAQ first. As noted in the FAQ section on Production Numbers (under General Information), the total in the U.S. is roughly 8000 (with 200-300 cars sold in each of the last few years).

About the same number have been sold in Japan, roughly 800 in Canada, and another ~3000 in the rest of the world.

nsxtasy said:
the total in the U.S. is roughly 8000 (with 200-300 cars sold in each of the last few years).

About the same number have been sold in Japan, roughly 800 in Canada, and another ~3000 in the rest of the world.

But what amount of the cars are left .....how many have been destroyed and how many in critical condition....and how many still in good condition hehhe:D

mike

I would guess there are probably 70% left still in one piece.

NSX&RX7 said:
The other day while at the local car wash (hand wash only), someone asked me if I knew how many NSXs there are in the US. I remember a discussion topic awhile ago about the number of NSXs produced world-wide by year, but I had no idea how many NSX there are nationwide and/or by state. Does anyone have any stats on this? Thanks.
Larry T.

Off topic, but which hand wash place is that?

182 NSXs sold in 2001.
233 NSXs sold in 2002.

Got this information from sales on the HondaNews corporate site.

mason@tirerack said:
I would guess there are probably 70% left still in one piece.

I would think the percentage would be much higher than that, closer to 90%. Remember a lot of the ones that were in accidents have been repaired and resold and are still on the road.

Carguy! said:
I would think the percentage would be much higher than that, closer to 90%. Remember a lot of the ones that were in accidents have been repaired and resold and are still on the road.

I think that 70% is VERY generous! I believe that there are likely less than 65% still on the road. Less than 50% if you count riced out versions as being dead. ( as I do )

A few comments:

1. Spookyp- hand wash is in Staten Island near SI Mall and Barnes & Noble on Richmond Avenue. For $15 you get a full hand wash. This place is so popular that it could take a 1/2 hr. from start to finish. Once there, expect questions and admirers

2. NSXaholic- I'd love to conduct a survey of current NSXs on the road.

3. If you drive around long enough. particularly in the NE region, you'd think there were far fewer NSXs around. I'd say, over the course of 2-3 years, I've seen (except for our NSXCA Lime Rock gathering) maybe 6 cars. 8,000 vehicles sounds quite high. Maybe 4,000 is more like it?

4. Can anyone tell me who the NSXer is in Las Cruces, New Mexico. I'm relocating in August and would like to make contact with him regarding Acura service and club activities in the SW.

Thanks for feedback.
Larry T.

Lately I have been watching the insurance auction sites, and there has been a total show up at least every other week. The latest:
getimage.asp

Larry,

I go there too :) I had a feeling you meant that place as the guys always tell me there is "another NSX guy" who comes around ;) I've been going there since I had my Vette - decent bunch of guys.

holy cow! if it was someone from prime, i don't think they'd be here posting it... :eek:

Wonder what speed the impact was at, and where was the point of impact (can't tell from this photo, but if it was a head-on, why aren't the lights smashed?)

Should that even be considerd a NSX anymore. It is just metal and some plastic.

Ben B was telling me about a friend of his that totaled his NSX a few weeks ago and the guy walked away but I have no idea if this is the same car. Also I dont think those are blitz rims on the car. Here is a pic from a differnt angle
getimage.asp

They look more like Momo Sports to me.

I hope the driver is ok. Is the car midnight pearl.

Back