NSXPrime Pricing FAQ Accuracy?

Greetings to everyone from a perspective NSX buyer!! I just registered but I have been reading this forum since 2 years ago when still in college. You guys and NSXPrime have helped me learn so much about my dream car!! Finally got my chance to say thank you!

I was just wondering how accurate the Pricing Guide in the FAQ section is (still). When you look at the bottom of the page, it says:

"Page last modified: April 04, 2005"

Any thoughts anyone?

ps. No offense to NSXPrime at all. Just brought this up in the interest of perspective buyers like me. Please forgive me if the price is updated regularly and I am just too blind to see it being mentioned somewhere.

Welcome to the forum,
I am not a owner. I am still trying to find one. But i have been looking at alot of cars for sale. The 1991-1993 prices appear to be correct but the 1994-2005 appear to be about $5k higher than it should be IMO.

comtec said:
I am not a owner. I am still trying to find one. But i have been looking at alot of cars for sale. The 1991-1993 prices appear to be correct but the 1994-2005 appear to be about $5k higher than it should be IMO.
I almost agree. I agree that the '91-93 are about right. I also agree that the '94-96 and '00-05 are about $5K higher than they should be. However, I think the '97-99 are about right.

Any chance we can open a "sticky" thread that tracks the selling prices on NSX's sold?

nsxtasy said:
I almost agree. I agree that the '91-93 are about right. I also agree that the '94-96 and '00-05 are about $5K higher than they should be. However, I think the '97-99 are about right.

So I suppose by "the prices are about right", you meant that the prices of the NSXs that you have looked so far matches the prices as indicated in the NXSPrime pricing FAQ.

Well what are the chances that the sellers of the NSXs priced their beloved cars according to this pricing FAQ?

Oops, are we at the chicken and egg debate again?

IMHO, I just think the prices deserve a quick update. It's impossible the NSXs haven't depreciated at all since April, 2005 (when the webpage was last created/updated).

p_p_pi said:
And forgot to say good morning, "The Kid" :)

at a boy, pay respect to the "GODFATHER":biggrin: LOL

p_p_pi said:
So I suppose by "the prices are about right", you meant that the prices of the NSXs that you have looked so far matches the prices as indicated in the NXSPrime pricing FAQ.
I mean that the prices of NSX sales that I'm familiar with correspond with those in the FAQ.

p_p_pi said:
Well what are the chances that the sellers of the NSXs priced their beloved cars according to this pricing FAQ?
Most NSX sales are among buyers and sellers who aren't familiar with NSXprime. The prices in the FAQ do not determine the market.

p_p_pi said:
IMHO, I just think the prices deserve a quick update. It's impossible the NSXs haven't depreciated at all since April, 2005 (when the webpage was last created/updated).
Not true. For example, the prices of well-maintained early NSXs haven't significantly changed for the past 6-8 years.

The Kid said:
Any chance we can open a "sticky" thread that tracks the selling prices on NSX's sold?

This would be a good idea. I've been looking at late models with low miles, and it's interesting to see that some get sold, while others continue to sit on the market like an over priced home. I'd like to see what kind of deals can be had :biggrin:

nsxtasy said:
Not true. For example, the prices of well-maintained early NSXs haven't significantly changed for the past 6-8 years.

I agree with Ken as this has been discussed on other threads as well. I can confirm from first hand ownership history ('92, '95, and now a '97) that this has been true for at least the last 4 years. Therefore, it not is impossible at all -this is one of the reasons why we all love these cars! :biggrin:

nsxtasy said:
the prices of well-maintained early NSXs haven't significantly changed for the past 6-8 years.
The first NSX I ever remember seeing for sale used was a silver '91 on a used lot in Tulsa in 1997. As I recall, they wanted $27,000 for it.

"The first NSX I ever remember seeing for sale used was a silver '91 on a used lot in Tulsa in 1997. As I recall, they wanted $27,000 for it."

Try and find a deal like that today............
Nice examples seem to be in the mid to high 30's..........
From what I have seen lately anyway.
There would be a long line for that car today.......(if it was in nice cond)

MCM said:
"The first NSX I ever remember seeing for sale used was a silver '91 on a used lot in Tulsa in 1997. As I recall, they wanted $27,000 for it."

Nice examples seem to be in the mid to high 30's..........
From what I have seen lately anyway.
There would be a long line for that car today.......(if it was in nice cond)

yea, thats what I was thinking. I paid $34k for a 1992 in 2003 with 26k miles on it.

MCM said:

Even then, that was an uncommonly good deal for a prospective buyer.

Citing one example of a car for sale apparently for less than market value - and I say "apparently" because we all know that sometimes there's more to a car than just its year and mileage - does not mean that that was a fair market value for such a car.

Prices haven't gone down significantly since then. But they haven't gone up, either.

I say I agree with NSXtasy... Age and Mileage are one thing, supply and demand for good examples are another.

I'm daily driving my 97 NSX with 135k now on it because its a fun car, reliable, I've got some $$$ invested into it, and they hold their value well.

Sounds like a good car to daily drive to me :)

Back