NSXPO caravan/transport - SOUTHWEST (AZ, UT, CO, NM)

SOUTHWEST (AZ, UT, CO, NM) region NSXPO caravan/transport thread

All my friends in the South West, please post here for SOUTHWEST (AZ, UT, CO, NM) region NSXPO caravan/transport information.

Your transport coordinator is:
Chris Willson ([email protected])

TRANSPORT:
1. ScienceofSpeed (roundtrip) - deposit rec'd
2. Ron W (round trip) - deposit rec'd
3. Seth R (roundtrip) - deposit rec'd
4. Stephen & Heather (roundtrip) - deposit rec'd
5. Yvonne L (roundrip) - deposit rec'd
6. Bill C (roundtrip) - deposit rec'd
7. Mel Hawkins (roundtrip) - deposit pending

Southwest Flight

Depart PHX - OAK
>>> Tues, Oct 7- Flight #1987- Leaves 5:55pm - Arrives 7:50pm

Depart OAK - PHX
>>> Sun, Oct 12- Flight #497- Leaves 8:10pm- Arrives 10:00pm

(reply to this post if you book a flight)

1. Seth R
2. Chris W
3. Yvonne L
4. Yvonne's BF
5. Stephen
6. Heather
7. Kelvin
8. Bill C (uh oh) ;)

airplane_movie.jpg

Last edited:
Dear Southwest NSXers -- I have volunteered to be the Southwest transport organizer for NSXPO (www.NSXPO.com), which is Oct 8-12. I have negotiated VERY good rates for enclosed transport with a bonded, licensed, and insured carrier that I have used many times before (Concours Transport). This transport company uses lift gate trucks which have no ramps to damage the front or rear bottoms of the cars (see photo below).

The transports can hold 6-7 cars per truck. I am curious about your feelings on one way or round trip. Based on my previous experience at previous NSXPOs, driving to the event is as much fun as the event it self, as many of the Sedona drive attendees can attest to.

The prices are as such, and are based on a full load. A partial load will be more expensive:
one way: $450.00
round trip: $850.00

I have agreed to put down a deposit on the truck if there is enough interest. You will need to send in a deposit by a certain date (to be determined), likely by August 15 to secure these killer prices. The deposit is non refundable under any circumstance. These prices are about 1/2 of what the company usually charges.

Please reply to this thread, or e-mail [email protected] if you are interested in attending!

Regards,
-- Chris

truck_small.jpg

Chris - We are planning on attending NSXPO and would be interested in either one way or round trip. I hadn't really thought of the one way option as I'm sure that would be a lot of fun and would save half the driving. Let us know what other responses you have and if it'll be one way or round trip. Those are good prices too. Heather had checked and found InterCity to be the only other company close to that if we could guarantee a full load.

Also, if anyone has any questions about the area email us ([email protected]) for info as Heather grew up about 20 minutes north of San Rafael in Petaluma and her parents and family still live there. I'm sure that she knows or can very easily find out just about anything that someone might be interested in.

Thanks for organizing the transport/caravan Chris.

Stephen

I am interested in the roundtrip deal. Can you confirm that the floor is solid (to keep any upper-level car leaks from dripping onto the cars underneath)?

I've seen several enclosed trailers, and the top levels were never solid (probably due to weight). Because the cars are not at odd angles like an open transport, leaking is not really an issue.

PHOEN$X said:
I am interested in the roundtrip deal. Can you confirm that the floor is solid (to keep any upper-level car leaks from dripping onto the cars underneath)?

All -- we have one transport filled. Please don't be shy to speak up about sending your car in another transport, we should be able to fill a second one quickly.

Your best bet for an airport would be Oakland Intl (OAK), which is about 45 mins from the hotel. I suggest we rent a passenger van for transport between the airport and hotel.

I will be requesting date/time definite delivery at the hotel for our cars, so they will arrive in time for the event.

Regards,
-- Chris

Chris@SoS said:
I've seen several enclosed trailers, and the top levels were never solid (probably due to weight). Because the cars are not at odd angles like an open transport, leaking is not really an issue.
Ok, I want my car on top then (especially if Seth's car is going to be in the same transport! :p).

HAHA

Geez, its not like my car leaks or anything
Hey PhoeN$X my car didnt want to be near yours anyway! :D

I think we should all be afraid of having our cars in the same transport as Bill's if anything....

I can't wait until NSXPO!!!

Wow, that transport sure filled up quickly. :) Just a quick check on airfares showed this:

Southwest - PHX-OAK Roundtrip, Non-stop = $133 (Limited Seats)
America West - PHX-OAK Roundtrip, N-stop = $200
United - PHX-OAK Roundtrip, 1 Stop in L.A. = $153

These flights were all leaving on October 7th and returning on October 13th. The Southwest fare is obviously the least expensive, but it is a promotional fare and there are limited seats available at that price, but I'm sure early purchase would ensure that price or something close anyway. These include all taxes, etc.

If anyone finds anything cheaper, let me know. Non-stop would definitely be a plus. Chris is correct that Oakland is the best airport to fly into for the best fares and it is just as close as SFO.

Wow, it's still three months away and I'm already getting excited!

Stephen

Hey, SciencoefSpeed already called shotgun ;) Bills car is definitely going on the bottom ;P

-- Chris

Honda4Life said:
HAHA

Geez, its not like my car leaks or anything
Hey PhoeN$X my car didnt want to be near yours anyway! :D

I think we should all be afraid of having our cars in the same transport as Bill's if anything....

I can't wait until NSXPO!!!

You know what, screw taking an flight over to NSXPO. I say that we rent an RV, put Bill at the wheel and we'll be there in no fewer than 8-9 hours. :D I can already here Kelvin telling Bill to slow down so that he can focus his camera or maybe stop for a tour in Blythe/Indio,etc. Just kidding Kelvin. :) The hardest part of this would be finding a yellow RV for Bill to drive.

Hello everyone

Chris and I have decided on which flights we are going to book for NSXPO, and would like to share our selections with everyone....It would be awesome to get a group of us NSXrs on the same flights! We are also looking into the best solution for transport to and from the airport, any input we be great!

Here is the flight info:

Southwest Airlines

Depart PHX - OAK
-Tues, Oct 7- Flight #1987- Leaves 5:55pm - Arrives 7:50pm

Depart OAK - PHX
-Sun, Oct 12- Flight #497- Leaves 8:10pm- Arrives 10:00pm

Total cost of airfare is $133.00 /person......... the fare and flight unavailability will increase the closer it gets to NSXPO.

***Oh and for those who were wondering Bill will not be allowed to fly on the same flight as the rest of us:p HAHA J/K Bill

-Seth

Well, we are one step closer to going. I just purchased the tickets for Heather and myself on the same Southwest flights/days as both Seth and Chris. It'd be fun if everyone could make it on the same flight as Seth said. The deciding factor for us booking was hearing that Bill wouldn't be on the flight. J/K :D This fare is really a steal. Normally the flights are about $200-$250 per person. Well, I'd better go pack my bag now....errr, maybe I should wait another week or two.

TucAZNSX said:
You know what, screw taking an flight over to NSXPO. I say that we rent an RV, put Bill at the wheel and we'll be there in no fewer than 8-9 hours. :D I can already here Kelvin telling Bill to slow down so that he can focus his camera or maybe stop for a tour in Blythe/Indio,etc. Just kidding Kelvin. :) The hardest part of this would be finding a yellow RV for Bill to drive.

I DO still have my CDL .
I'd be glad to drive the transporter.:D :D

I will need just a few accomidations taken care of
-extra tigh downs (for high speed turns) as well as roll-over protection.
-a couple pot's of espresso (w' lemon rind sweet and low and a handful of effedrine)
-a shotgun booty call (no explenation needed)
- nitrous system for the rig (uphill battles can be a b!tch)

A disclosure signed where I hold no responsibility for any damages LOL ......

PS... clearance from the police to speed in all states there and back.

MYNSX

Honda4Life said:
Hello everyone

Chris and I have decided on which flights we are going to book for NSXPO, and would like to share our selections with everyone....It would be awesome to get a group of us NSXrs on the same flights! We are also looking into the best solution for transport to and from the airport, any input we be great!

Here is the flight info:

Southwest Airlines

Depart PHX - OAK
-Tues, Oct 7- Flight #1987- Leaves 5:55pm - Arrives 7:50pm

Depart OAK - PHX
-Sun, Oct 12- Flight #497- Leaves 8:10pm- Arrives 10:00pm

Total cost of airfare is $133.00 /person......... the fare and flight unavailability will increase the closer it gets to NSXPO.

***Oh and for those who were wondering Bill will not be allowed to fly on the same flight as the rest of us:p HAHA J/K Bill

-Seth

I will be profiling the crew and attendants

Thanks for the flight info, booked my flight and hotel reservations. See you guys in Oct.

Phoen$x - Are you going into hiding until October? ;) J/K.

Glad to see that you booked your flight and hotel reservations. Are you on the same flight as Chris, Seth, Stephen & I?

Hopefully we will see you sometime before October!

Hey Bill - If you go to the NSXPO website (www.nsxpo.org) there is a link to the Embassy Suites, which is the host hotel for NSXPO. Here is an excerpt from the NSXPO website:

"The headquarters for NSXPO 2003 will be at the Embassy Suites in Marin county. Attendees who register as being with the NSXCA will get a special discount rate of $129 per night. To get this rate on the online registration page enter "NSX" in the "Group/Convention code:" box. Hotel guests receive complimentary breakfast, two drinks, and a packet for a free wine tour. Reservations must be made by September 15, 2003. Please note that it is your responsibility to make your own hotel reservation."

Of course you could stay somewhere else, but I imagine that would be most fun being at the same hotel as everyone else. Heather and I will stay at her parents house as it is only 20 minutes away and will save us considerable $$$ over a few days.

The registration for NSXPO I believe will be mailed out shortly to NSXCA members and also put up online for registration. According to Ken, nsxtasy, this will happen the week after next.

I'm sure you're booking your ticket on the same flight as everyone else, right?

Stephen

I'm sure you're booking your ticket on the same flight as everyone else, right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course I am the SELF APPOINTED profiler always on the look-out for any suspicious people :D

I am gonna create complete chaos of my own .......SETH will be my 1st victim. LOL:D

Back