• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsxpo 2015

Its after 5 pm and I have not received an e-mail from NSXCA with the link to register. Has anyone received the e-mail yet?

I thought registration is on the 29th.

Never mind, looked it up. I paid money for a subscription over a month ago and I don't even have a login and my email is not registered with the NSX club.
The organization so far is such garbage, I wonder if this is going to reflect on the event itself.

Last edited:

Never mind, looked it up. I paid money for a subscription over a month ago and I don't even have a login and my email is not registered with the NSX club.
The organization so far is such garbage, I wonder if this is going to reflect on the event itself.

I think you have to set it up. I just did but I got into a loop when I tried to register for NSXPO. I couldn't get to the page to pay for it.

I think you have to set it up. I just did but I got into a loop when I tried to register for NSXPO. I couldn't get to the page to pay for it.

I was having same problem...the trick is the discount code has to be all caps EARLYBIRD ....

All signed up!!!

Please keep in mind that all corporate officers/board members (we are a corporation) and NSXPO organizers are volunteers (i.e. UNPAID) with actual day jobs and these time consuming tasks are often done in what little free time we have, especially after midnight (my phone has been going off constantly between 2-4 am with "group chat" messages). As a result, sometimes it takes a little extra time to iron out the kinks to finalize an event of this size. Don't forget that we don't have the membership of a BMW or Porsche club since there are probably only around 6000 nsxs still on the road in the US.

The volunteer organizers generally will hear criticisms but rarely thank yous even when large events such as an NSXPO have been pulled off with great success. As an aside, all of us who are corporate officers, board members, regional reps, NSXPO organizers etc do have one thing in common with the general membership - - - - we all pay the same amount in dues, registration fees, hotel costs, track costs, etc despite doing all the work to run the event (both before, during and after when closing out the books).

I remember an interesting observation by one of my fellow organizers of NSXPO 2004: "this was a great event - too bad we didn't get to go........." Now obviously that was just a tongue in cheek observation of having to work the event while attending but it pretty much summed up the days of NSXPO.

Please continue to be patient and let us work through the glitches.

And imagine what it would be like if you and a half dozen or so of your buddies decided to invite 250 people from around the world to be entertained by you for several days and get them hotels, meals, credentials for access to events, arranged for group drives, and generally looked after for several days and welcome to our world............. :wink:

Please keep in mind that all corporate officers/board members (we are a corporation) and NSXPO organizers are volunteers (i.e. UNPAID) with actual day jobs and these time consuming tasks are often done in what little free time we have, especially after midnight (my phone has been going off constantly between 2-4 am with "group chat" messages). As a result, sometimes it takes a little extra time to iron out the kinks to finalize an event of this size. Don't forget that we don't have the membership of a BMW or Porsche club since there are probably only around 6000 nsxs still on the road in the US.

The volunteer organizers generally will hear criticisms but rarely thank yous even when large events such as an NSXPO have been pulled off with great success. As an aside, all of us who are corporate officers, board members, regional reps, NSXPO organizers etc do have one thing in common with the general membership - - - - we all pay the same amount in dues, registration fees, hotel costs, track costs, etc despite doing all the work to run the event (both before, during and after when closing out the books).

I remember an interesting observation by one of my fellow organizers of NSXPO 2004: "this was a great event - too bad we didn't get to go........." Now obviously that was just a tongue in cheek observation of having to work the event while attending but it pretty much summed up the days of NSXPO.

Please continue to be patient and let us work through the glitches.

And imagine what it would be like if you and a half dozen or so of your buddies decided to invite 250 people from around the world to be entertained by you for several days and get them hotels, meals, credentials for access to events, arranged for group drives, and generally looked after for several days and welcome to our world............. :wink:

WELL SAID.

I think some people just don't get the work that goes into an organization like this. Well I do so,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Indeed !

Much appreciation to the organizing team for their dedication and efforts to host NSXPO 2015

Registered last night... with a little help from Nathan on the login reset, thanks sir

I agree fully SeaSharp, so much work and so few to help. Really appreciate the effort you have all put in.

A few hiccups to register but with help from Nathan all good.

I was stuck in a loop but after sending an email for help, to info at nsxca dot org, Chris Willson, NSXPO Event Coordinator, sent me a temporary password and I got my NSXPO registration paid. :smile:

The most confusing part is that it has wording of NSXPO "Membership". It made me think I was buying an NSXCA membership, when I already have 3 years paid for but that's not what it means.

Thank you, NSXPO organizers.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, who's going?

I'm signed up and just registered this morning for the hotel. I missed the lower price for the rooms for the first 100 but it's still quite a savings at $179.99, plus 14% occupancy tax and 3% BID tax.

I made it and will be one of the volunteers that RSO was referring to. If you're planning on attending the track event expect to see me there instructing!

Sorry you couldn't make it to registration in time Paul.

So, who's going?

I'm signed up and just registered this morning for the hotel. I missed the lower price for the rooms for the first 100 but it's still quite a savings at $179.99, plus 14% occupancy tax and 3% BID tax.

I'm going Patty.

- - - Updated - - -

I made it and will be one of the volunteers that RSO was referring to. If you're planning on attending the track event expect to see me there instructing!

Glad your going. Maybe you be my instructor for the HPDE? Does anyone know when signups will begin?

Glad your going. Maybe you be my instructor for the HPDE? Does anyone know when signups will begin?

I don't have any information to give you Mario, and as far as instructing you I am unsure as to how Jim is going to run the track, but if it can be arranged I'll let you know

I'm in!!! Will be staying at one of my timeshare resorts though....not sure which one yet....can't wait!!!

Btw, don't forget to sign up for the cars and coffee Palomar drive next Saturday !!!

ya kinda a bust... we'll at least I can spend that money on trackdays ;)

ya kinda a bust... we'll at least I can spend that money on trackdays ;)

Don't give up yet, get on the wait list that will be started soon. Bound to be some people that have registered that later decide they can't make it. Just make sure you are a NSXCA member, required to get on the wait list.

I know its a little early, but I was thinking of going to Plam Springs on Wed. the 7th of October (probably leave around noon). I found out that you can actually get a better rate through trvelocity and one of the other hotel reservation web-sites for wed. night.

I'm sure most of you will be traveling early on Thursday October 8th, the day NSXPO begins. However, I wanted to put a feeler out to see if anyone is interested in traveling on the 7th.? That way you won't have to be rushed in getting to the museum and checking into the hotel.

By the way, does anyone know when we will be meeting at the air museum?

Back