• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsxot1c

So awhile ago nsxot1c was selling a SAFC with wiring harness for the NSX. It was a Sunday night and I got him on AIM. I ask him about the wiring harness and he tells me it just plugs into the nsx. No cutting needed etc. He was asking like $120 or so. I can't remember the exact price.

He tells me he is in New York, so i do a USPS calculation and find out that next day shipping from New York to CA is $20, so I add that fee to what he is asking. I ask him if he can express mail it to me because i need it by Weds. that week. He says Ok.

I paypal him the money (instant transfer). Monday comes along, he is not around. Tues, weds etc. Finally I get him on AIM and he tells me that the money from Paypal hasn't gotten into his bank account yet. I had done an instant transfer, so that means that he had the money right then, that night.

He then told me he didn't have the money to send the item, until he got it from his bank account.

So the next week the item arrives and it was sent priority mail, which of course only cost $3.95.

My mechanic was booked up because I lost my slot. So about 3 weeks later My mechanic puts some power to the unit and guess what. It doesn't power up. He takes it to a car that has a working SAFC and swaps them. Still no go.

Here is his great packaging too. No bubble wrap etc. Wires were cut. Of course I get a bad feedback from him too. He claims the item was working when he sent it, which it might have been, but with that wrap job i'd expect it to be broken too. He wouldn't refund my money and told me I was out of luck.

IMG_2149.JPG

Last edited:
Contact Paypal and file a complaint, have his account frozen. That is, if you story is legit.

What was stated by RYANS is no-where near the actual truth.
For example:
1.) I never once stated an SAFC would plug into an NSX with no cutting required, I explained by installing and such item would require wire connectors to tap into your stock harness. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PLUG IN SAFC INTO AN NSX.
2.) You told me that you were using this SAFC for some half-ass porsche 944 you were building for racing... so it was never planned on even going into the NSX.
3.) I explained to you that I was not going to send the unit until the money had went into my BANK ACCOUNT, WHICH YOU WERE FINE WITH. PAYPAL TAKES 4 DAYS TO TRANSFER FROM THEIR ACCOUNT TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT. I NEVER STATED I DIDNT HAVE THE MONEY TO SHIP IT, RATHER(IF YOU UNDERSTAND PLAIN ENGLISH) THAT I WANTED TO WAIT TILL THE MONEY CLEARED INTO MY ACTUAL BANK ACCOUNT.
4.) THE SAFC WORKED 100% IN MY NSX, but was unnecessary since I am not running any MAJOR mods. THAT IS THE REASON FOR SELLING IT.
5.) YOU NEVER PAID FOR NEXT DAY SHIPPING, PERIOD.
6.) YOU GOT BACK TO ME 3 MONTHS LATER ASKING FOR A FULL REFUND FOR A PART THAT I NO LONGER HAVE, AND YOU WOULD NOT RETURN.

Original Post was for $110. USPS Priority mail Shipping is $3.95. = $113.95
(item weighs less than 1 pound with box)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48730

Paypal shows I paid $133.00
$23.00 for next day shipping.

Payment To Christopher Kane Completed ... -$133.00 USD
PayPal Funds and Instant Transfer

---------------------
Why would should I have to wait until funds are in your bank account. They're were in your Paypal, which means you had the money. You said you'd send the item ASAP.

Back