• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC - Season opener membership renewal party Sat April 9, 2011

Drivers,

We are approaching the start of another great season. So lets roll away our car covers, box away the battery tender, dust off our beloved NSX and join NSXCC for our annual membership renewal event at Grand Prix Kartways (www.gpkartways.com).

Located in Downsview Park, GPK is one of the premier indoor electric go-kart tracks in Toronto. We have hosted three consecutive renewal parties here and the venue never failed to impress. As in the past, we will host a quick lunch with members and get the renewal registration out of the way, follow by exciting NSXCC member only races.

gokarttrack.jpg

NSXCC Membership Renewal Event:
Date: Saturday April 9, 2011
Time: 1:00pm-4:00pm
Where: Grand Prix Kartways, (75 Carl Hall Road, Bay 3 unit #9, Downsview Park, Toronto, M3K 2B9)

GPKmap.gif

For the event, NSXCC will cover members’ lunch so we need to know who is attending and who plan to bring a guest. Lunches for guests are $10.00. Members are responsible for their individual karting sessions.

We are keeping membership dues the same as last year ($50). With that you get 20% exclusive discounts on your NSX parts and labour at our sponsoring dealers (Acura of Oakville and Erin Mills Acura). You will also be eligible to participate in all NSXCC events for 2011, plus you will receive our club exclusive give away prize. These are just a small sample of the benefits and you can find out many more at the event.

This is your opportunity to kick other members’ behind on the track!! A little bit of playful nudging in the corners is okay. I can think of a few classic rivalries that will finally be settled here, and yes we are taking bets.

Please post in this thread if you plan to attend, and indicate if you plan to bring a guest to help us manage headcount for lunch.

If you own a helmet, you should bring it along. If not, the track will provide you with one.

1 - Owen
1 - Robert & Rhys
2 - Bram & Nancy
2 - Garrick & Nancy +2
1 - Rick S
1 - Dave Crawford
1 - Daria
1 - Glynis
2 - Bash & Urbee
1 - Ryan M
2 - Chris W +1
1 - Shawna
1 - John G
2 - Jim +1
1 - Lionel
1 - Chris (just evil)
2 - Henry +1
22 - Total

Last edited:
Rhys and I will be there.

I am definitely hoping to come to this to meet some of the members, and see some NSXs, however I may be in the US actually purchasing my NSX this weekend (fingers and toes crossed) so it's a 50/50 at the moment. Will follow up soon when I know more! :redface:

Im in for the renewal party. :biggrin:

Might have my karting friend come. he wont be eating if he does come with.

Go ahead and bring a friend, more the merrier. He can just pay $10 if he decides to eat with us.

I am definitely hoping to come to this to meet some of the members, and see some NSXs, however I may be in the US actually purchasing my NSX this weekend (fingers and toes crossed) so it's a 50/50 at the moment. Will follow up soon when I know more! :redface:

It would be nice to finally meet you Chris. We are definitely a close bunch but we always welcome new members to join the clan. Come out and join us at the event and meet some people. If you decide to join NSXCC, lunch would be on us, if not lunch is $10.00. Good luck on your purchase this weekend and be nice to agents at the border service.

Last edited:
So is that a membership fee per family or per car? Would I be getting anything extra from what I got last year when I drove my mini van?

Hmm, not sure what you got with the minivan last year, but having your own membership entitles you to individual access to exclusive club events, 20% dealer discounts on parts and labor, give away, draw prizes, etc.

That’s a tough call having two NSXs under one household. Not many of us enjoy that kind of luxury (Ody was the last one). I suppose it depends if you prefer to carry on your own identity with the club and I think that you do.

Last edited:
Sorry all...:frown:

I will be chained to my desk at work on Saturday April 9th..

Unfortunatly I need the job to pay for the gas for my NSX...

That is the only reason for having a Job... The NSX !!!

Yes I love my car!!!!:biggrin:

Gary

I'll be there for a couple hours......

I wish I could make it. I've gotta work. Have fun.

Don't I get the fast car cuz I need a handicap being a chick??

Sorry Gents both my Brother and I are working, but I hope everyone has a blast! :smile:

Back