NSXCA Southcentral Regional Representative

From the Secretary, NSX Club of America, Inc.

2008 NSXCA Board of Directors Election

The NSXCA Board of Directors is composed of 4 elected officers and 6 regional representatives elected by members of their region. All board members serve 3-year terms. At NSXPO 2008, we will be electing our President and Regional Representatives from the Northwest and Southcentral Regions, for terms ending in 2011. Additionally, the Southwest Region will be electing a new Representative to complete the remainder of the term currently running through 2010. The Secretary will accept nominations until August 1, 2008. Each nomination must be accompanied by a written acceptance from the person nominated. It is the obligation of the person making the nomination to acquire this written acceptance and to send it, or to have it sent to the Club Secretary. Written campaign statements (not to exceed 250 words) will be accepted from the nominees who accept nomination up to August 15, 2008, and will be distributed to Club members, along with ballots and a notice of the Annual Meeting, by August 21, 2008. Mailed and faxed ballots will be accepted until 5:00 PM on September 5, 2008; hand-delivered ballots can be turned in at NSXPO 2008 up until 9:00 PM on September 11, 2008. Results will be announced at the NSXPO 2008 dinner, September 13, 2008.

If you are interested in running for a board position this year or in nominating someone else for a position, please complete the enclosed form and return to the Secretary, NSX Club of America, Inc. The form may be sent by mail, fax or as an email attachment to one of the addresses set out below. Any reasonable rendition of the form is also acceptable. You may nominate yourself to any applicable position. There is no restriction on multiple terms in any board position. REMEMBER, THE NOMINATION MUST INCLUDE OR BE FOLLOWED BY A WRITTEN ACCEPTANCE NO LATER THAN AUGUST 15, 2008

No specific qualifications are required to serve on the Board of Directors, although a 3-year commitment, energy, maturity and enthusiasm are extremely desirable. The Board also benefits by its members having leadership experience and practical business and organizational skills. A brief description of the responsibilities and expectations of the positions up for election this year, as described in the Bylaws, follows.

President: The President of the Corporation shall be the Corporation’s chief executive officer. He or she will preside at all Corporation meetings, including meetings of the Members and of the Board of Directors. His or her title shall also include that of Chairman of the Board where necessary or desirable. He or she will coordinate the affairs of the Corporation. He or she will call meetings as prescribed in these Bylaws. He or she will have general signature authority over all Corporate actions and accounts except where such authority is specifically granted to someone else or is otherwise denied to the office of the President.

Regional Representatives: The regional representatives are the members' spokespeople to the Board of Directors. Each region will be responsible for assigning one regional representative from its regional membership to the Board of Directors. The regional representatives' responsibilities include, but are not limited to, presenting the regional meeting minutes and financial statements to the Board of Directors, notifying the Board of Directors about events and activities, maintaining close contact with the leadership of their region, bringing concerns of their members to the attention of the Board of Directors and communicating and enforcing club policies as they relate to the clubs' regions as specified by the Board of Directors. While not specified in the Bylaws, Regional Representatives are also responsible for administering the Regional Funds allocated by membership. This includes submitting requests and records to the national Treasurer.

2008 NSXCA Board Nomination Form

To nominate someone for a NSXCA Board Position, please complete this form and return to the Secretary, NSX Club of America, Inc., on or before August 1, 2008. You may nominate yourself or any other NSXCA member in good standing. You may make multiple nominations on this form or you may make copies.

Forms may be returned by mail to:
Robert S. Ondrovic
Secretary, NSX Club of America, Inc.
194 Westchester Avenue
Pound Ridge, NY 10576

or by email [email protected]

or by fax to (914) 764-9108

Your Printed Name: __________________________________________________ __________

Your Membership Number (if known): ______________________________________________

Your Region: __________________________________________________

Nomination of President

I hereby nominate _____________________________ for the position of PRESIDENT .

Nomination of Regional Representative

ONLY IF you are in the NORTHWEST, SOUTHCENTRAL or SOUTHWEST regions, you may nominate a member to be your regional representative, otherwise please skip this section. Your nominee must be a member of your region.

I hereby nominate ____________________________________ for the position of Regional Representative for the:

[ ] NORTHWEST [ ] SOUTHCENTRAL [ ]SOUTHWEST Region of the NSX Club of America.

Your Signature: ________________________

Date: ___________________

ACCEPTANCE

I hereby accept my nomination for election to be _____________________________________

of the NSX Club of America, Inc. I understand I may submit a campaign statement, not to exceed 250 words, to be included with the ballots.
Nominee's Signature: _______________________________

Date: ___________

Last edited:
I would like to nominate Z.

I know this isn't supposed to be done like this but I don't know who all is a member of NSXCA so I'm fishing to see who is :wink:

Nevermind! I had to look past the red highlighted text.

step'up...

I would like to nominate Z...
synergy004 said:
How bout Luis Rodriguez for input. Holds the NSXCraze.
Zishan would be a great regional rep', as he's been an active part of the NSX community for years (if he so chooses to step fwd' to represent us).

Also, TxChopperGuy/Luis has done a diligent job organizing/running the NSX-Craze events for two season. I do realize he's quite a busy individual w/ his line of work and family, etc'.

Another individual of note is Alas-NSX/Jose. He's very much a die-hard NSX enthusiast and also has taken great initiative in hsi willingness to organize/run proposed NSX events for the TX/South-Central_region NSX community.

Best of luck to any of the fine gentlemen above who decide to take the nomination/position! :cool:

Last edited:

Thanks Matt, I would be honored to serve.

I agree, Luis would be a great candidate. And I would gladly 2nd that.

Zishan would be a great regional rep', as he's been an active part of the NSX community for years (if he so chooses to step fwd' to represent us).

I would step forward, but will gladly support a better candidate.

Another individual of note is Alas-NSX/Jose. He's very much a die-hard NSX enthusiast and also has taken great initiative in hsi willingness to organize/run proposed NSX events for the TX/South-Central_region NSX community.

I agree again, Jose is a stand up guy who offered us a place to stay when the Hotel was full. Great guy, I would support Jose 100% as well.

Please make sure that the rules are followed and that the form is submitted with both the NSXCA member's signed nomination of an NSXCA member and that person's signature accepting the nomination. Just listing names on Prime is not enough.

WOW! :eek: Thanks! :smile: Any of the people mentioned would be great! I would love to do it but will also support a better candidate (Z or Jose). To give credit where credit is due, Jose help out this past NSX Craze and I'm looking forward to working closer with the planning of the Oct. Craze.

Z is a dedicated and active NSX'r and has been around before I have.

Luckily we have a great group in the SW Region.

Last edited:
Luckily we have a great group in the SW Region.
I think you mean the SC Region. :wink:

Once you figure out who you'd like to be your regional rep, please feel free to organize club activities in your region. Your regional treasury has plenty of money to help subsidize those activities. I can pass along some tips on how to organize club events.

I just stumbled on this thread.

Thanks guys for looking at me this way but the reality is I would love to help BUT between a full triathlon schedule, non-profit Foundation work, house work, real work, cleaning the car and oh yeah,
a baby on the way!!!!! it would be very hard for me to make additional time.

I would love for Zishan or Luis to represent us. They both would continue to do an outstanding job and I would gladly help out with tasks.

-Jose

Thanks guys for looking at me this way but the reality is I would love to help BUT between a full triathlon schedule, non-profit Foundation work, house work, real work, cleaning the car and oh yeah,

I would love for Zishan or Luis to represent us. They both would continue to do an outstanding job and I would gladly help out with tasks.

-Jose

NO WAY JOSE!!!! Congratulations! Wow, one less room for us to crash in now... :tongue: Tell Monica I said Hi and congrats as well.

Luis, what do you say? I think you would be a better candidate. You up for it?

-Jose

COngrates Jose, tell monica I said hello and congrates also.

Zishan or Luis couldn't be any better for choices. I am up for either of the two.

-g-

P.S LUIS

THanks for stopping by my house this past weekend, I heard it was pretty nice.

NO WAY JOSE!!!! Congratulations! Wow, one less room for us to crash in now... :tongue: Tell Monica I said Hi and congrats as well.

Luis, what do you say? I think you would be a better candidate. You up for it?

Congrats Jose!!! Maybe we can havethe girls start splitting babysitting duties to let us go out to play!!!!

I'm up for it. Let's get this party started right!!!! Thanks for the support!!!

THanks for stopping by my house this past weekend, I heard it was pretty nice.

It was a great time!! Your family is awesome and very welcoming. I was bummed that I couldn't take them out on the boat Tuesday cuz the kids got sick. There's always next week!! Tell Jona not to feel wierd about asking. I'm always looking for a reason to go boating. It's a waste to have a boat and not use it. That's like having an NSX and not going fast....or like having a hot wife and not....... ok, I'm gonna stop now!!!

Thanks. You could always share beds with Scott. :biggrin:. Oreo has a small bed as well but he may not want to share. There is always the sofa or an air mattress.

Thanks I'll tell Monica. She is already 17 weeks!! Jan 2 baby or thereabouts.

-Jose

COngrates Jose, tell monica I said hello and congrates also.

Thanks Gill. I'll tell her.

Be careful in Iraq. When do you come home? Or should we schedule an NSX meet so that you can come home!?!

- Jose

Congrats Jose!!! Maybe we can havethe girls start splitting babysitting duties to let us go out to play!!!!

I'm afraid to ask!!!!!!!!! I may need to get parenting tips from you.

On second thought that might by scary also. :eek:

We need to start planning the next event. My fall schedule is packed between weddings, a bachelor party or two that I need to plan and my last big tri.

Thanks again for the congratulations.

-Jose

OKay on topic,

Z or Luis would you mind if your names were thrown in the hat?

Off topic:

Louis, I am glad you had a great time and using the boat, hopefully it is warm out when I get there still. JOnna wanted to go but the kids were BLAH!!!

Jose, I will be back Oct 18 permanently, I have to get my car dissasembled and painted, I am coming back a week early to do so. Hard to say if it will make it to the craze. I was so hoping everything would be done but a lot of things had changed.

Zishan, where you at man?

If the car doesn't make it:frown: I will be the one making the video for this meet. I am putting together equipment to edit and and shooting the whole scene out of an NSX =( first time but I guess it seems to be my turn.

So back on topic again if up to it, the two Zishan/Louis. They both have my support.

-gil-

Luis, you got my support. Since we like to do most of the events in Austin and you have much more experience in planning out events, I think it's a no brainer that you lead the pack.

I will be happy to step up to the plate if need be, but truely feel you would be better, and there would be no hurt feels here.

So, are you man enough to accept? :tongue:

Luis, you got my support. Since we like to do most of the events in Austin and you have much more experience in planning out events, I think it's a no brainer that you lead the pack.

I will be happy to step up to the plate if need be, but truely feel you would be better, and there would be no hurt feels here.

So, are you man enough to accept? :tongue:

Let's do this!!! I'm in!

I submitted my name. Don't know what's next.

Last edited:

+1

To the local NSXCA members,

Those who have not had a chance to meet Z, he is one of the most enthusiastic NSX members I have ever met as well as a longstanding member of this community. He is always lending a hand to those new to the scene, loaning parts, answering questions both NSX and non-NSX related.

Nick

Last edited:
Back