NSX Wheel Alignment in Southern Westchester

I have noticed that my 7,300 mi 2004 is showing irregular tire ware on the original Potenzas. The front right inside tire is just about at the safety bar while the outside shows maybe 1/2 tread depth, the left tire is still ok, not perfectly even but not worn as bad.

Anyway, I am looking for the best blace to get an alignment near Whiteplains in southern westchester. I will also need tires, any recommendations for reliable tire shops that can perform a quality balance and not mess up the rims around here as well?

Thanks in advance,

Tytus

For the tires, go to Mallory Kotzen in New Rochelle, see Brian, tell him that you're a friend of mine, for the balancing and mounting they're fine, for the wheel alignment, they couldn't do my 02 at stock height, they sent me to a guy that does good work but's a jerk (they did warn me), my regular mechanic can do it and he's great, call Botch at Depot Service in Portchester, phone is 914-937-1010 and tell him that I sent you. You should be good to go after the two places. The inside wear on fronts is very common, but at the mileage point you have, not correct. Give me a holler if you need help, regards-R

As far as the alignment settings, somewhere in the FAQ's (not sure exactly how you get there with the wikipedia setup now) there are alternative alignment settings. The purest will say never, but I haven't noticed much difference in handling. I chose the most extreme changes that were recommended (which wasn't all that much anyway). If I remember I'll send you the numbers I used (I won't be back in the states for another week though). I believe the rear toe was the biggest difference (which would help your fronts). I also drive pretty hard compound tires, Dunlop Direzza on the front (300+ wear rating) and Kumho Ecstas on the back (280 rating). I've found them to be fine for spirited driving but would certianly not use them for the track. Also, be careful with who you align it with. I had a guy tell me I needed rear ball joints (like $2500 if I recall) and when I had the joints done the other individual said he didn't see any wear :mad:

PM me if you'd like those numbers and it will remind me when I return to get them too you (actually give me an email address if you do that, I'm not sure how to add a file on this system).

Mike

Roger and Frank, thanks for the referrals. As soon as the weather get dryer I will go and get the alignment checked and then get some rubber. She's been under the blankets at home since my post so I am itching to drive again. The rain is at least washing all the salt away, as long as it doesn't snow again. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will make an apointment to get the alignment done.

Mike, thanks for the specs. Will they work on a stock 2004? You reference your 1994 numbers so I am not sure if those are applicable for me?

I will probably go to Goodyears or Yokos after the stock tires. Can I mix the fronts and the rears? The rears still appear to be good while one front is just about gone.

Thanks again guys,

Tytus

Back