NSX Wedding rental

I am planning my destination wedding in Hawaii, Oahu Island. My wife is Japanese and this splits our family's travel time. I am looking for an NSX day rental to take the bride and me to and from the ceromony.

I have had ZERO luck finding one through a rental agency, all their "exotics" are vipers and ferrari's- fun cars i'm sure but I value obsessive attention to detail.

So here is my big request: I would like to rent an NSX on Oahu for one day, November 24th 2005. If anyone has any leads or is WILLING TO LET ME RENT THEIR NSX, please ask me questions or email me. There would be no drinking involved the day the NSX would be driven, there would be no drinking or eating in the NSX. the only activity would be her wedding dress and my tux sitting in the seats for the drive from the hotel to the ceromony in the morning and then back. no auto-cross, no site seeing, no burn-outs.

If i had the option to be picky, Id go for a manual, white NSX (since it is the bride's car, after all, so kkt and ChrisK please take note!), but any color or transmission is fine. I'm willing to pay exotic car rental prices, and with a deposit if that works for you.

Thanks for considering it. please email me at [email protected] or [email protected]. viva la NSX.

Your right, for the wedding purposes the heavey, yet comfortable stock seats and restrictive, yet quiet muffler would be ideal. however, if your NSX is on Oahu, and I can't find another one, I will happilly rent yours. Can you email me your phone number in case I can't find a more cushy NSX?

Why NSX? because it is the best car in the world. I would like to rip through the gears in a ferrari one day, and bask in the torque of an SRT-10 viper one day, but at my wedding I also want to show i have good taste. And this isn't a track event. Although if it were, I'd still pick the NSX.

kiwikungfu said:
Why NSX? because it is the best car in the world. I would like to rip through the gears in a ferrari one day, and bask in the torque of an SRT-10 viper one day, but at my wedding I also want to show i have good taste. And this isn't a track event. Although if it were, I'd still pick the NSX.

I am very confused. To own, I would pick an NSX because it is exotic, trouble free, and a good bang for the buck. To rent (for a wedding or whatever) I would pick a Ferrari or a Gallardo or something like that. I dont think any of those would be considered "bad taste" by anyone...just a shot in the dark.

Anyways, glad you respect the car so much :) I do too, and will likely get into another one (I regret selling my old car).

Just a reply to keep this thread alive. I still have had no luck finding a rental NSX. anybody on Oahu want free proffesional photos of their NSX (from the wedding photographer) and an exotic car rental sized paycheck? I really don't want to have to rent a loud and heavey viper. At least in Gran Turismo they sure have poor braking, and no abillity to steer while braking.

thanks!

Joe

kiwikungfu said:
Just a reply to keep this thread alive. I still have had no luck finding a rental NSX. anybody on Oahu want free proffesional photos of their NSX (from the wedding photographer) and an exotic car rental sized paycheck? I really don't want to have to rent a loud and heavey viper. At least in Gran Turismo they sure have poor braking, and no abillity to steer while braking.

thanks!

Joe

Any luck yet? And just for the record the Viper is only about 200lbs heavier than the NSX, the Gen 2's (rear exhaust) are pretty quiet and they will smoke a nsx performance wise. (not to get into any flame wars). :)
How do i know? I own both.

nope, no luck yet. i have a tentative eye on a maserati convertable rental, which is better than nothing, but i am still looking for an NSX. at this point i'd even consider an s2000, TL or RL. we are renting a few other brand's sport cars at other times during the honemoon, but for the wedding itself i'm trying to stay Honda/Acura. just my personal preference. =)

smite said:
Any luck yet? And just for the record the Viper is only about 200lbs heavier than the NSX, the Gen 2's (rear exhaust) are pretty quiet and they will smoke a nsx performance wise. (not to get into any flame wars). :)
How do i know? I own both.

oh, and are you on oahu? i would love to rent your nsx. =)
if you are on another island, maybe i can meet up with you when i rent another car during the honemyoon. we can compare the viper and NSX to whatever i've rented on that ilsand. maybe a c6, maybe another maserati, whatever.

Back