NSX vs Skyline BNCR33

NSX vs Skyline BCNR33

So what do you guys think about these two? :smile: I'm about to buy a new car and I seem to have a problem choosing between these two masterpieces. I currently have an R32GTR V-spec and a 350 BHP 180sx. Selling these two will give me enough money to buy a standard nsx (3.0l) or a hi-power R33GTR. What should I do? :biggrin:

I like very much how the NSX looks - much more better looking than the GTR i think. But what troubles me is that the nsx has "only" 270bhp whereas the gtr would have somewhat 600-800BHP (because of Finnish taxes, nsx and hi-power gtr would cost about the same). There are a couple of r33 gtr's in Finland but I have never seen one in the streets so it would be quite exotic. Then again - there is not a single NSX here because of the price. The new (well the newest there is) nsx costs about 220.000 us dollars here.

I guess you guys might be a bit bias but I didn't think of any other place to ask this. So should I go for the nsx or what? :smile:

Thanks.

Last edited:
honestly i would say if you can get your hands on an nsx to test drive, that would answer most of your questions right away, although if your used to 400+ rwhp you'll find modification of this vehicle a little more troublesome, since the gtr is a FI car oem, its obviously less troublesome to get to higher bhp. if you drive the car you will notice very different driving dynamics i think, i've never driven a gtr so i can't really say, but i think the feel would be different, especially because of the weight difference. i can honestly say that if you spend 10 minutes driving an nsx, you'll be able to tell right away if its for you or not.

khappucino said:
honestly i would say if you can get your hands on an nsx to test drive, that would answer most of your questions right away, although if your used to 400+ rwhp you'll find modification of this vehicle a little more troublesome, since the gtr is a FI car oem, its obviously less troublesome to get to higher bhp. if you drive the car you will notice very different driving dynamics i think, i've never driven a gtr so i can't really say, but i think the feel would be different, especially because of the weight difference. i can honestly say that if you spend 10 minutes driving an nsx, you'll be able to tell right away if its for you or not.

That's probably very true. Test driving the nsx is indeed a problem since there is not a single one of those beauties here in Finland. Sweden would be the closest place I guess. That wouldn't be the cheapest test drive though :biggrin: The main thing that bothers me is the speed of the NSX. How fast is it really? Of course there is more to speed than a strait line performance but that's quite important to me. I don't want teenagers passing me with their cheap 180sx nissans :smile:

However, the main thing that interests me in the NSX is the looks and the fact that there isn't any of those here. I also believe that nsx is the only true Japanese sportscar. I don't consider GTR being one - it's just a normal sedan with a brutal power :wink:

you should ride in one of factor x's cars or aem's turbocharged car if you want to see nsx's with power =)......but you should take this into account also......I was in the same dilemma as you......r33 gtr or nsx.......i chose the nsx due to overall quality and looks of the car.........also there is not much support if the skyline breaks down here for me......parts was a issue for me also.....at least with the nsx I can take it to any dealer to get it fixed and parts are not hard to come by..........the interior of the skyline felt cheap to me..........the only skyline that impressed me was the r34 which was out of my range at 106k.......so I decided to go with the nsx........the japanese ferrari where the skyline is like the mustang to me.....all power, looks good on the outside, but interior was cheap..........but in the end both cars are nice......just depends on which one suits your taste more and how is the support of the car is going to be......good luck....

ediddynsx said:
you should ride in one of factor x's cars or aem's turbocharged car if you want to see nsx's with power =)

I have read about the factor x projects in this forum - quite impressive. To build an NSX with that kind of performance must cost more than the car itself though :) I realise that NSX can be made very fast but that naturally takes alot of money and time.

Getting spare parts is not a problem. Local nissan dealer can provide those. However, that is not a problem for the NSX either since honda is selling this model here - although no-one has ever bought one. All in all these are very different kind of cars.

I have been reading this forum about a month now and it seems that I can't get enough of the NSX pictures. The car is just stunning! I have once seen a GTR and an NSX next to each other. The GTR looks like a boring family sedan with an nsx by its side :biggrin: I don't know if this topic has made my decicion any easier but I do know that I must test drive the acura before I decide anything. All I have to do now is find one.. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replys everyone. It's nice to get some insight from the NSX owners. ..and yes - supra is the Japanese mustang :tongue:

ok then its like the corvette :rolleyes: :tongue: but you guys get my drift......it would be nice to own both =) heck buy them both :biggrin:

I say keep your R32 GTR. It looks better than R33 or pay a chunk more for R34 GTR, with the R35 coming out in 2 years, hopefully the used R34 prices will drop, used ones are currently selling around 3.5million~6million yen. I am actually considering getting a used R34 GTR when I move to Japan next year.

I love R32 and R34, but the R33 is ugly IMHO. R34 GTR on the other hand is one of the nicest looking car to me up there right next to NSX and company.

nsxsupra said:
I say keep your R32 GTR. It looks better than R33 or pay a chunk more for R34 GTR, with the R35 coming out in 2 years, hopefully the used R34 prices will drop, used ones are currently selling around 3.5million~6million yen. I am actually considering getting a used R34 GTR when I move to Japan next year.

I love R32 and R34, but the R33 is ugly IMHO. R34 GTR on the other hand is one of the nicest looking car to me up there right next to NSX and company.

Well I might buy an r32 but with much more power than in my current vspec (not really sure which looks better - r32 or r33). The price of an NSX I would get a fully built 900bhp rated R32. I would definitely buy the r34 gtr (I would sell my mother if I had to) but I can't get it registered here. The car is so new that european union demands that it has been crash tested and all that shit :smile: But as I said - NSX is so beautiful :biggrin: Tough decicion.

I agree w/ nsxsupra. The R34 GTR is a beauty. It doesn't have the same sleek lines as the NSX, but has it's own brute-like muscular lines that looks so great. I'd say sell the 180sx and use the money to build your R32 GTR to 900bhp or whatever you'd like.

For me I would go for R33, then R34 and last R32. I like the sleek line of the R33 (no surprise since we all love the sexy lines on the NSX). R34 is more angular edges but what set it far from the other R34 wannabees is the thick front bumper nose. R32 is where the GTR becomes famous and is also lighter.

Top speed of an NSX is about 268KM/Hr. If you want a faster one get the 3.2L six speed manual. If power is not enough you can supercharge it. And not to forget that NSX is lighter the the GTR's.
nsxsupra said:

Back