NSX vs. NSX-T?

Greetings all,

I am currently in the market for a used NSX, and I would like to know from all of you knowledgable owners here about the structural rigidity of the hardtop relative to the targa top. I would imagine that the hardtop is inherently more rigid, but is it enough of a difference in stiffness to where it is worth sacrificing open air driving? Thanks in advance.

Only if you are planning to track your vehicle, auto-x, or canyon run it. Then yes, it does matter. If it is for daily driving, not a big deal.

with the roof in place a targa will be stiff enough for most average auto-x and hpde events.

docjohn said:
with the roof in place a targa will be stiff enough for most average auto-x and hpde events.
That may be true, but many HPDE events do not permit targa top cars to participate. Others do so but only if they have a full roll cage.

I agree that this is not a big issue for those who are not planning to track their cars extensively.

Also keep in mind that the '97-03 NSX-T is more rigid than the '95-96 NSX-T (while obviously less rigid than the '91-01 NSX Coupe). So if you are looking for more rigidity in an NSX-T, get a '97 or later.

Yes, the coupe is more rigid. But it sounds to me like you are looking for the open top experience...

If so, IMO, get the NSX-T. Like docjohn said, with the T panel on, it's pretty rigid.

But if you don't care about taking the top off, get the coupe...

Back