Nsx vs M3 at my local track. All comments welcome, i'm a novice ;)

The Video...???

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3VmoDoy5Eq0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Little more info, yes the Nsx would have been faster and handled better with the roof on however it was a charity experience day. Everyone requested the roof off so that's what i did.

This was the 100 circuit, Snetterton runs the full 300 or two independent 100 and 200 circuits.

Comments welcome on my track driving however please be constructive i would like to learn rather than people saying i'm rubbish haha, if that's the case fine by why?? and how can i improve?

Oh and the M3 was modified not sure how far but it had been mapped, the guy who owned the car was giving out cards for mapping services and that car was apparently mapped.

What the video may not show was i was all over the M3 and backing off at times :D Honda ftw!!

I believe you are doing pretty well.
Your lines are good and you are not driving above your limits.
I'm sure you could have passed the M3 if you had really wanted to:rolleyes:
The only criticism ( that I get also) is that you should not move your hands around the wheel...
See you at the Euro meeting!

You look comfortable but you are shuffling your hands in turns that don't require it.As you gain experience your hand and footwork should improve..best of luck! btw the car will feel more responsive with the roof on.

Did you pass a London cab at 1:35??

I'm with doc, less shuffling and put the top on, they wouldn't let us even run with the top off at any track around here. If height is an issue get seat cushions.

I concur regarding the hands. I have two other minor comments.

Perhaps at 52 seconds and 1:56 into the video, those turns in into the left handers can be half a car length later, might give you more throttle tracking out with a bit later apex.

What type of clutch do you have? Upon upshift there seems to be a bit of jerk - this from looking at the head of the passenger. Downshift are fine but couldn't hear if you were doing any heel/toe (blipping).

Happy tracking trails :wink:

Did you pass a London cab at 1:35??

I'm with doc, less shuffling and put the top on, they wouldn't let us even run with the top off at any track around here. If height is an issue get seat cushions.

No he passed a Reliant Robin!! Surprised it remained upright..
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QQh56geU0X8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Perhaps at 52 seconds and 1:56 into the video, those turns in into the left handers can be half a car length later, might give you more throttle tracking out with a bit later apex.

Definitely agree here. Later into those corners.

At 0:41 I would be a little more on the left side of the track. You can probably not take that corner quite as tight and track it out a little left by 0:48.. You seem to have plenty of time to get track right for the next corner.

Seemed to have gotten it a little better at 2:38 to 2:48 by going wider..

Otherwise I think you're doing pretty good! Good work! What other mods do you have done to the car? Lots of gauges there on the right A Pillar.. :smile:

No he passed a Reliant Robin!! Surprised it remained upright..
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QQh56geU0X8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOL!!! What's that doing on the track??

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

Haha yes it was a charity day so there was all sorts on track even a De-Lorean.

I would normally leave the roof on, but everyone was asking to take it off.

Wind noise with the GoPro is bad....

I can't heal and toe too get yet, doesnt help i wear Vans :o.

I have the Sos twin plate carbon clutch.

Other mods:

Downforce DF-R Side intakes
Downforce ram air pipe
Downforce system stack intake
Straight pipe from intake to throttle body
Blox 72mm drive by wire throttle body
Ported intake manifold
VVIS removed
Cantrell headers
Custom exhaust based on Borla XR-1 mufflers
ATS LSD
SOS twin plate carbon clutch
ATI crank pulley
External oil cooler
Baffled sump
Billet oil filter
Engine damper
HKS twin spark

Few suspension mods, no coilovers yet.

That's about all the mods that may affect performance.

Yeap i need to work on the hands haha.

At this point there is no need to really over analyze anything. Seat time is all you need, get tons of it and watch things come naturally with a little bit of coaching.

Plenty of time years down the road to nitpick all of your videos.

Yup, not bad. Good on ya for using the car as intended and supporting a charity at the same time.

The little wheel-shuffling isn't ideal, but it's not the end of the world. Any autocrosser will tell you: shuffle happens (though less often on a big track). The main thing is when both of your hands ended up on the same quadrant of the wheel. That has the potential to impair your ability to react to something like the rear end steeping out, or the need to fix some understeer mid-turn...which you'll invariably find as you start pushing harder.

So, in your vid: 0:43 - 0:48...not ideal, but acceptable in my opinion. 0:48-0:53....you'll want to break that habit (and most instructors will try to).

I don't know the track so I won't comment on lines, aside from saying nothing looked awkward.

as itrsteve said, don't over analyze, but a little self-critique never hurt anyone as long as you don't get hung up on it.

Back