NSX vs. M-Roadster vs. 350 Z

Had a very enjoyable drive with some friends of mine yesterday.
My '92 NSX vs. '99 Z3 "M" version vs. 350Z. M-roadster feels extremely fast from standing start, loads of torque. 350Z has great brakes (track version - Brembos), NSX corners flattest and fastest ( Bilsteins with 255/225 rubber) also feels fastest over 100
mph. The M-roadster has slightly over-boosted steering and a
bit more body roll than I would like but is extremely comfortable top-down at very high velocities. The Z has a wonderful exhaust tone, just needs more volume. My NSX was the loudest of the trio with C-tech headers and exhaust. Anyway, it was alot of fun and the trio attracted alot of attention, fortunately none brand-
ishing laser or radar.:cool:

I sat in 350Z about a year and half ago when they first came out. I was anxious but a little disappointed after sitting it. Just didn't feel really comfortable. That was before I had ever sat in a NSX so I wasn't really comparing it to anything else. Seems like I was sitting too low in the car and the doors were too high (very high belt line in this car). Interior was so, so, not bad, but not really great either. IMHO, Nissan still needs to work on their interiors a little to get up to at least Honda level. I drove a G35 not too long after, and pretty much the same conclusion... a little better interior than the 350z, but not much. A better looking car I think with the subtle changes. I wouldn't mind driving a 350z or a G35 for a little while though to see if it would change my opinion. At the time my decision was a used NSX and keep my beater CL or new G35/350z as only car. I think I made the right choice by keeping the CL and getting the NSX. Even though I see my NSX almost everyday, every time I walk up to it I'm like wow, and I have to remind myself this is my car. Figure the 'new' car thing would wear off after awhile, but it really hasn't. Reminds me I made the right choice so far.

I didn't drive the 350Z but was very impressed with its capabilities
from the vantage point of a "competitor". Agreed that the NSX is still the sexiest by far.

I owned a 2002 M Roadster a few years ago before we bought the M3 for my wife.

During the last one or two years of production of the M Roadster, they put the 333 HP motor that they put in the E46 M3. In that little car, that engine kicked butt. It was like a souped up go cart. Talk about one fast...it actually almost seemed unsafe.

That's why I sold it and got the M3. I was afraid that even a minor accident in the M Roadster could lead to serious injuries.

Back