NSX vs. Enzo basic oil chage...

I thought this was interesting. We all know its about 30 bucks to change the oil in the NSX. Which is great for an exotic. Well, what about the ENZO. are you ready?

The enzo uses special Helix 10W-60 synthetic oil which costs $60 PER quart. And that v12 uses 12.2 quarts. We are talking $732 for oil alone!

Also, if you decide to not use THAT oil, you void your warranty and if the engine blows, a new one costs roughly $200,000!!!!! Ouch!

Ah, I see you got the latest C&D as well ;)

The other figure that made my jaw drop was... The owner of the Enzo they tested believes "his is the first customer-delivered Enzo in the world to burn through a set of $6000 carbon-ceramic brake pads and a $24,000 for a set of similarly constructed brake rotors." This was after 1200 hard miles. :eek:

I saw that, but I didn't have my mag infront of me when i wrote that email. Nonetheless, these costs are OUTRAGEOUS! Just for comparison, does anyone know what the Mclaren F1 costs for an oil change? And I think it just uses Brembo brakes.

If anyone on this forum wants to feel like a Ferrari Enzo owner I will offer them a special deal and match these rates ($1,000 oil change, $30,000 brake job) on their NSX. Must be a member of NSXCA and have over 10,000 posts on NSX Prime to qualify. Cash transactions only!

Slightly OT: Did you catch the caption of the last S7 picture? The carbon-fiber front lip with replacable Teflon skids can support the entire weight of the car!

Steep driveways? Bring 'em on! :D

Ojas said:
Slightly OT: Did you catch the caption of the last S7 picture? The carbon-fiber front lip with replacable Teflon skids can support the entire weight of the car!

Steep driveways? Bring 'em on! :D

I saw that... impressive! He also said the body (carbon fiber) costs him over 100K...

The S7 is amazing for sure... but maybe a little overpriced... like 100 grand..

Glad to see someone driving the SH*T out of the Enzo like it should be. Kinda sickening to see a awesome sports car like that just sitting in a garage or storage unit collecting dust. :(

DRIVE IT BABY !!!:D :D

Back