NSX vs. C6 handling

Can someone who has spent time with both tell me about the handling of the cars. I drove a C6 tonight but could just take it up and down the street. I drove an NSX and I know it handles like its on rails. Definately different than my c5. My wife likes the C6 much better than the NSX and I like it too but I want something that handles well and I'm leaning towards the NSX at this point.

I wouldn't say it handles like its on rails. It doesn't feel like that to me. But compared to the C5 I had, I would say it has "feel" which was lacking in the C5. That was along time ago, I am going from memory. But I definitely never had the feel and feedback I do in the NSX. The Vette just pulled a lot of g's... in a numb way... it was disconnected.

I think with equal drivers the C6 would probably lap faster than a NSX on a race track. My reason for saying so is that the NSX always handled very close the porsche 911 and did roughly the same lap times. However, that was a while ago and the 911 S would have no problem handing a NSX its ass on the track IMO. So from magazine tests showing the C6 lapping faster than the 911S, I would say it would be faster than the NSX around a track. However, I still bet the NSX "feels" better since it communicates much more with the driver.

Just my opinion. I have only driven a NSX on the track.

The NSX is shurely one of the best balanced car. But remember that it lacks some grip because of its tire size : 205 to 215 front/225 to 255 rear (245, 285 for the C6, 235/265 for the 997 C2 for example).

They both handle so differently, to me its not an easy comparison.
I have driven about every Vette out there and ended up with a 94 NSX.
To me, my NSX is the best handling car I have ever driven.
I can feel the road, and am not insulated from it. I just think about changing lanes and its done. No drama, very little driver input, the car just goes where you want it to go.
Maybe its the cab forward design? (sounds odd, but as its been said before, its like driving on the head of an arrow (something like that)
The forward visibility is unlike any other car I have ever driven.
I have not driven every car out there, but have driven many Vettes, Porsche's, BMW's etc.
as well as several cars with major susp work. Still, nothing comes close to my NSX. (To me)
I guess a lot of it is just personal preference. I have no idea which I could run faster lap times with, but do know which one I prefer to stuff into a corner.
Drive as many cars as you can prior to making your decision.
Take your wife with you & let her drive both.
Get both cars near their redline to see what its like.
(with permission from the cars owners 1st)
IMHO that's a mistake many make when considering an NSX, they never
see the 2nd set of cam lobes.
VTEC is very cool.... And many "would be" owners never know its even there...........
Have fun & good luck!

Back