NSX v. C32 AMG

I raced my friend in his C32 AMG and damn, its pretty fast. We took off from about 70 and i pulled on him about 4-6 car lengths(?) and then it kind of evened out after about 110-120?. Was really Surprised that the C32 was that quick. By the way this happened at night when nobody was out and and about:D so no chance of risking other peoples.;)

Last edited:
You know at 70 mph, you can put your car back in second gear, and trust me, you will have quite a lead. Did you guys roll in 3rd or 4th gear?

On a 6-speed you are correct. MR2 guy has a 5-speed which will redline at 80MPH.

Those supercharged merc's are fast. The best way to beat one is to supercharge your 99.

Cheapest way to do it: Lighten up your car and add it a K/N air-intake.

The K&N will most likely do nothing for you at all except have an increased risk of an engine problem (according to the FAQ). Maybe 1-2 HP gain at most.

The Cantrell IAS apparently sounds good, but also makes no difference on performance and there is another increased risk of engine damage do to the large opening in the rain. Who knows if that is a real problem, but the manufacturer put that on the label.

A 75 shot is regarded as pretty safe for the NSX. Some kits were selling for like $2000 for a 75 shot installed. I would rather put that money towards a SC or turbo. That way you will ALWAYS have the power when you need it.

Where is Washington are you? I might be moving to kennwick.

I live in Mill Creek(snohomish county). I say i'm thinking of installing nos is because i already have a kit for my accord. So I was considering removing it from my accord and installing it in my NSX.

Do it, as that will allow you to outrun a lot of cars, even a supercharged NSX. However, like Netviper said: the power is not always there. I can live with that, as I am pretty satisfy with what I have right now, and considering nods for the rainny days.

With nitrous I have seen NSX took out ZO6 and 996TT. I know it is not fair compairing a stock car to a (lightly) modified car, but in these cases, the NSX owners just didn't want to lose, and still going home in one of the coolest, most reliable car in the world.

Go to a racetrack (a real racetrack, not a dragstrip) and you'll spank the Mercedes, assuming the drivers are equal.

nsxtasy said:
Go to a racetrack (a real racetrack, not a dragstrip) and you'll spank the Mercedes, assuming the drivers are equal.

Of course the NSX will spank the c32amg on the track like none other~!!:D By the way, when did my thread get moved over here? Oh well lol, yeah I really was impressed at how well it kept up.

My SLK32 will dust my NSX, even with headers exhaust and intake.

Russ raced me at the track. There is a video on my website too.

OF course the MB supercharged engined can get a nice renntech upgrades (pulley and ECU) to approx 400 hp and similar torque #s.

I know someone who got their slk32 to 182 mph with those upgrades.

ANyway, bottom line is the AMG benzes are really fast. Now the E55 is a real beast.

The AMG Benzes are indeed fast - although some are faster than others. And some are heavier than others, which is a significant disadvantage going around a road course and can offset their power/acceleration advantage.

This thread started out talking about a C32 AMG. That car weighs 320 pounds more than your SLK32 AMG.

I am not convinced that even an SLK32 AMG will dust an NSX with equal drivers. (No offense to Russ.) But I am certainly convinced that a C32 AMG is not up to the task.

$2000 for a nitrous kit installed???? that had better include remote bottle opener, purge, bottle heater, nitrous gauge (in car and on the bottle) and all the other goodies!!

You can buy a universal wet kit for $400!! Installation is a piece of cake. I've installed one on my car in 2 hours and taken it off in 1

Here is the Benz you need:
benz.jpg

To smoke this NSX:
gj.jpg

Brian2by2 said:
$2000 for a nitrous kit installed???? that had better include remote bottle opener, purge, bottle heater, nitrous gauge (in car and on the bottle) and all the other goodies!!

You can buy a universal wet kit for $400!! Installation is a piece of cake. I've installed one on my car in 2 hours and taken it off in 1

Man, I wish I could install a nitrous kit in 2 hours! course I buy that 400 dollar kit and THEN go shopping:

fuel pressure safety switch
wide open throttle switch
clutch safety switch (for you speed shifters who stay on the juice)
oil pressure safety switch
thermal safety switch
rpm window switch
calibrated or new 10%-15% above stock flow rate injectors
new plugs
new fuel filter
fuel pressure gauge
nos pressure gauge
egt gauge
high end custom quick release bottle brackets 2
bottle warmer 2
remote opener 2
custom switch array with distribution block for power and grounds
two way purge(dual purge on three stage)
all switches make or break 10,000 connections
I think thats about everything, aside from building all the custom wire setups and 'hiding it all' so it looks and performs pro. oh yeah all this must be done without so much as putting a nick on a fitting and look like it came from the factory that way (OE nitrous).and if you want a 3 stage hybrid (dry 1st wet 2 both 3rd) like I just did for slipnby you WILL be conscripted into forced labor but it sure will put a SEG on your face when you kick the sqeeze.a 20,000 dollar motor deserves nothing less. so go for it just make sure you take precautions. final note,sorry the kit wont cost 400$

:D

badcarmas kit

i am distributer of nos parts, that we used for my kit until his custom selonoids and all other parts are being manufactured. so the parts were at cost. i bought the basic kit, and then dave gave me a shopping list a page long to make the kit safe and to maximize performance. when i had my dvd player install, the stereo installer was amazed by all the safty fetures and custom switches.for you lucky folks that buy a kit all the wire harnnes will be assembled and ready to run with perfect dvd directions . i can tell you that it still will not be a 2 hour install. but you will have a safe forced induction kit, that has been proven to pull on comptech and basch boost. i know nitrous and would never through a regular nos or zex kit on my car, i like my motor and want it to last.
swr
speed witin reach
mike

Re: badcarmas kit

slipnby said:
i am distributer of nos parts, that we used for my kit until his custom selonoids and all other parts are being manufactured. so the parts were at cost. i bought the basic kit, and then dave gave me a shopping list a page long to make the kit safe and to maximize performance. when i had my dvd player install, the stereo installer was amazed by all the safty fetures and custom switches.for you lucky folks that buy a kit all the wire harnnes will be assembled and ready to run with perfect dvd directions . i can tell you that it still will not be a 2 hour install. but you will have a safe forced induction kit, that has been proven to pull on comptech and basch boost. i know nitrous and would never through a regular nos or zex kit on my car, i like my motor and want it to last.
swr
speed witin reach
mike

I don't understand why a normal nitrous kit wouldn't last...as long as you have a proper fuel to nitrous mixture, a safe solenoid, and what not, then why is this such a big deal? Im just asking...thats all.

nos

i will let bad carma answer this in full, but look what our kit includes. thats what it takes to make sure the kit is safe. with a normal kit u do not get correct plugs, no fuel pressure gauge, which is critical for knowing if your running to lean, because if u do kaboom. do a search on blown motors with a basic kit, there r a ton. we want to make sure that your engine is most important. plus our kits r dyno tuned and just dont throw the the bypass jet and nos jet with the kit in it.what we r offering is safe horsepower at half the cost of a supercharger. pics r worth a thousand words, so one week to the we release them.

I do believe Bad Carma knows a lot about NOS... I would jump on the deal for him to install a big shot on mine when I am ready. But for now, I can enjoy 75 shot from ZEX and use it safely (took me 2hr. to install) it is pretty straight forward though.

I do believe Bad Carma knows a lot about NOS... I would jump on the deal for him to install a big shot on mine when I am ready. But for now, I can enjoy 75 shot from ZEX and use it safely (took me 2hr. to install) it is pretty straight forward though.

I raced my friend's brother's C32 in my 1992 NSX with Basch Boost supercharger (Novi 1000). My NSX was faster, but not by a huge amount. He said that the C32 was not running right (he also has a C32) and he though the boost was being limited (stock boost is something crazy like 14 psi). It turned out that the C32 had a faulty intake air temp sensor and was limiting boost. If this is true, then a stock C32 should easily beat a stock NSX.

Thats weird. The c32 is probably faster than the 5-spds but i highly doubt that it is faster than the 3.2's from the way I pulled on my friend. Not saying what you saying is wrong or anything

Back