NSX to a show for the 1st time. What do you say...

...when people look back at you, disappointed that it ONLY has 270 horses ?

Anyone can give me some nice comebacks ?

it's not that I'm not confident of my NSX or anything, just for the sake of discussion...:D

When 1/4 mile runs come up:

Response #1: How many drag cars do you know have the engine placed behind the passenger seat? None? Alright then!

Response #2: Your car came with a steering wheel. You can use it you know!

because 270 hp is more than what you need to whoop em and make em look like chonky (have you guys seen the video?).

when would you use 1/4 mile driving skills on the streets? never. i don't think you should even call it a skill. its mostly the car.

Anyone can build a drag car from mere debris lying around. But no one can duplicate an NSX from their garage.

And come on, what else is cooler than an NSX? :cool:

Tell them is has had extensive internal engine work and puts out 500hp. They'll never know because you'll not be street racing them anyway!

apapada said:
...when people look back at you, disappointed that it ONLY has 270 horses ?...

Ask them which cars built in 1992 had over 270hp from a six cylinder naturally aspirated engine?

"Maybe I lost the drag race, but I won the rat race."

Re: Re: NSX to a show for the 1st time. What do you say...

DocL said:
Ask them which cars built in 1992 had over 270hp from a six cylinder naturally aspirated engine?
That is utterly classic. I don't think there are very many cars made even today that are NA with that many horses.

Re: Re: Re: NSX to a show for the 1st time. What do you say...

92NSX said:
That is utterly classic. I don't think there are very many cars made even today that are NA with that many horses.

Really ? here are five of them (from memory)

Acura TL S (3.2L 270)
Nissan 350 Z (3.5L 287)
Infinity G35 Coupe (3.5L 280)
BMW M3 (3.2L 333)
BMW 540 (4.4L 286)

should I continue ?
:rolleyes:

Its all about perspecitive I guess, but for most folks on here its not all about the HP.

If you want max HP/$, buy a mustang (or similar) and you can get 400+ HP real easy. There is nothing wrong with that - they are fun cars.

It takes quite a bit more to get big HP numbers out of an NSX. Having said that, its quite a bit easier to get 400 HP out of an NSX than it is to get rid of all the steel in a mustang, relocate the engine to 6" behind your head and duplicate the driving feel.

If someone asked me that question, I would just say "yup" and smile. If you are feeling particularly obnoxius, ask them how they like thier mustang.

Tell them the engine has a built-in chick-magnet, which is worth at least 100HP! :D

You can also tell them the body is timeless... how many cars still that are 12yrs old that still turn heads? Not many...

you could also consider punching anyone who makes such a comment... :p

Re: Re: Re: Re: NSX to a show for the 1st time. What do you say...

apapada said:
Really ? here are five of them (from memory)

Acura TL S (3.2L 270)
Nissan 350 Z (3.5L 287)
Infinity G35 Coupe (3.5L 280)
BMW M3 (3.2L 333)
BMW 540 (4.4L 286)

should I continue ?
:rolleyes:

The cars you listed were built in 1992 and all have a V6? I think you need to do some more research.

At a recent Nissan Z owners club show, my NSX was parked close to a friend of mine's hopped-up 300ZX TT. One fellow said, "nice car, but the stage 3 Z will beat it, right?". I smiled and said, "well maybe I'll put a blower on it!." :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NSX to a show for the 1st time. What do you say...

DocL said:
The cars you listed were built in 1992 and all have a V6? I think you need to do some more research.

Your argument is irrelevant to this discussion. The post never mentioned anything about engine configuration/size and/or year. All the post said was:
92NSX said:
I don't think there are very many cars made even today that are NA with that many horses.

Therefore, my research is just fine. Thank you very much.

Ok...so u listed 5 cars...and whats their power to weight ratio?

outside of those 5 cars, I can't think of too many more. Maybe you should keep going?

And the "even today" statement was just to support his argument, and he did a good job as the average 6 cylinder n/a motor today is probably somewhere close to 220hp (hell, there's V8's that make less than 270!!! i.e. 4.6 litre SOHC Ford motor!)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NSX to a show for the 1st time. What do you say...

apapada said:

DocL said:

Your argument is irrelevant to this discussion. The post never mentioned anything about engine configuration/size and/or year. All the post said was:

92NSX said:

Therefore, my research is just fine. Thank you very much.

Actually, DocL's post was made in reference to cars in '92 only:

DocL said:

92NSX made a different comment altogether, which is what I believe you were responding to.

apapada said:
...when people look back at you, disappointed that it ONLY has 270 horses ?

Anyone can give me some nice comebacks ?

it's not that I'm not confident of my NSX or anything, just for the sake of discussion...:D

I usually say that you can stick a V8 or V10 in ANY car and it will go fast.

The fact that the NSX only uses a 270hp V6 and still be competitive is an engineering marvel in itself.

There are alot of cars that look good on paper, but does not do well in real driving situations. The NSX, on the other hand, is the complete opposite.

Eggactly. . .

RyRy210 stated... Actually, DocL's post was made in reference to cars in '92 only / 92NSX made a different comment altogether, which is what I believe you were responding to.

I was pondering on how to comment to the thread-starter about that- but you broke down it all down perfectly...kudos RyRy210 :)

Back