nsx-t vs a rag top

i was wondering how the open top experience is on the nsx-t vs a conventional rag top, such as a s2000, 911cab,vette conv.,etc...i am wonder in terms of wind turbulence at various speed, and how open the car feels and how easy it is to take the top off and on...also, does the car feel more rigid with the top in place????..i remember that my old c3 vette had a removable roof and there was a lot of turbulance and wind swirling behind the driver above 50 mph......:smile:

scycle2020 said:
i was wondering how the open top experience is on the nsx-t vs a conventional rag top, such as a s2000, 911cab,vette conv.,etc...i am wonder in terms of wind turbulence at various speed, and how open the car feels and how easy it is to take the top off and on...also, does the car feel more rigid with the top in place????..i remember that my old c3 vette had a removable roof and there was a lot of turbulance and wind swirling behind the driver above 50 mph......:smile:

I let my top off all summer long. As far as the convertible experience, to me it is much better than a T top, not quite as good as a full convertible. You do get more of the convertible feel because of the open windshield header. wind noise and buffeting have not been problems for me. I do think the car is a hair more rigid with the top in, but not as rigid as a coupe. However, with the top out, it's impressively stiff. Not nearly as flexible as my brother's 01 vette.
YMMV

I used to have a S2k, and I'm on my second NSX. I like to drive with the top down as much as I can, in fact, during spring and summer months, I keep the top off almost every day. Since the NSX was not desined with open top in mind, the turbulent level is much hgiher, I can't really drive the car on the freeway with windows down, unless I wear a baseball cap. S2k is much nicer when the top is down.

Back