NSX Super GT?

First pic I've seen of the new NSX in race form. Not too shabby.

Way to go Honda!

970108_648077505217592_1193489723_n.jpg

Last edited:
My guess is that if there's a pic, there should also be video. Here's hoping it surfaces soon. I'd really like to hear how it sounds so we could make some educated guesstimations.

Those massive canards must mean that they needed some fairly heavy downforce up front to balance out the handling. Giant grill makes it look like the new mazdas too. Oh well, I'm just glad it's up and running!

front end

Those massive canards must mean that they needed some fairly heavy downforce up front to balance out the handling. Giant grill makes it look like the new mazdas too.

A closer look of the front end reveals Honda secrets:

Last edited:
Good article on the SuperGT/DTM/USCR cars, of which this NSX will participate in: http://www.racecar-engineering.com/articles/dtm-gt500-2014-the-ultimate-touring-cars/

So the specs are:

* 2L Turbo 4 producing around 550hp and 700nm.
* Hybrid system that'll produce 50hp
* Common frame, CF monocoque, and steel cage by Toray Carbon Magic
* Tires by Yokohama, Dunlop, or Michelin (likely means that the Japanese cars will be quicker than the DTM cars).

So the previous GT500 NSXs had the luxury of super wide widths and different dimension and aero rules. I'd imagine if the old SuperGT rules were still in place, it'd look a bit better.

Last edited:
"One complication is the desire of Honda to run a mid engined car in GT500 based on its new NSX model, this will almost certainly be a challenge with the new tub."
I know the Gran Am cars are front engine.
does this mean all DTM cars are front engine as well? so the common chassis is not a problem except for the mid-engine Honda. So the new rule is everybody run a 4 cyl. turbo?

btw Shawn, +1 on CS Lewis

Storm Trooper assault vehicle :D

It won't sound anything like the road going car with having to run the mandatory I4 turbo motor for SuperGT.

Unfortunately, you're right. :( It won't have any of the general sound characteristics of the v6 of the street car. That's a shame b/c that would be a decent selling point.

"One complication is the desire of Honda to run a mid engined car in GT500 based on its new NSX model, this will almost certainly be a challenge with the new tub."
I know the Gran Am cars are front engine.
does this mean all DTM cars are front engine as well? so the common chassis is not a problem except for the mid-engine Honda. So the new rule is everybody run a 4 cyl. turbo?

btw Shawn, +1 on CS Lewis

As far as I've read so far, all of the DTM cars will be front engine indeed and everyone must run a four cylinder turbo. Not sure I like the formula but I'm sure it'll make for close racing.

Back