• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX spotted @ Suzuka F1

If you watched any of the F1 race at SUZUKA did you notice the red NSX in the TV shots by pit lane???

Yes, I noticed it on the left side of the frame as they showed the cars entering pit lane. To my eye it looked like it might be a Zanardi. The red looked darker and the wheels looked like the Zanardi mesh. Nice to see them using the car for some promotion...all too rare unfortunately. :rolleyes:

TampaBayNSX-R said:
To my eye it looked like it might be a Zanardi. The red looked darker and the wheels looked like the Zanardi mesh.

Aren't Zanardi's US-bound editions only ?

In fact there was another one, the white/black NSX pace car with the lights above it parked at the edge of the hot pit exit to the track when the event ended.

The red one had different wheels from the Zanardi, I think they were OZ wheels.

apapada said:
Aren't Zanardi's US-bound editions only ?

FYI, The Type-S is equivalent to a US Zanardi and they had the same mesh BBS wheels.

I don't think that the NSX that was next to the pit lane was a Type-S, it looked a bit different, maybe jsut a regular NSX with some aftermarket wheels perhaps??

Ken

BTW: I thought that the official Pace Car for the race was a MB SLR, so maybe the white one is the official pace car for Suzuka since Honda owns the track???

The official pace car for F1 is the MB SLR. I watched it and the NSX pace car at Montreal and the MB was unbelievably fast. It was as fast as the Ferrari Challenge cars exiting a turn. The NSX was fast but not fast enough.

Back