NSX SoCal Monthly Meeting April 3rd

Hello Everyone,

The FIRST Thursday of the month of April is April 3rd! That means the SoCal Monthly meeting is coming up!

We had a good turnout last month so lets keep it going:biggrin:

As usual the group is meeting at South Coast Acura in Costa Mesa.

The dealership continues to support the NSX owners in the area, so they have asked us back.

This meeting will give us a chance to get together and just shoot the breeze and talk about up coming events. As usual SCA will be providing premier parking.

So plan on meeting at South Coast Acura at 6:00 PM Thursday April 3rd.

South Coast Acura is located at 2925 Harbor Bl. in Costa Mesa. This is about 3/4 mi South of the 405 (San Diego) freeway on Harbor Bl. Just past Baker Street, on the Right.

Remember, they have said they will block off the front of the store so there should be lots of parking available!

NOTE!!!
The dealership MUST HAVE an accurate count of how many will be attending so they can figure out how much food to buy. I am guessing about 20 or so. If there will be more they need to know!

Also, SCA has been very generous and provided food for every meeting. There will be a cup by the food for you to donate to help defray the cost to the dealership. Please put a few dollars in to help out.

Please!
Reply to this thread if you think you can make it, so the dealership can have an idea how many to expect and make dinner arrangements accordingly

I have a new work schedule. I may not make it there until 8:30, but if you are still there, I'll swing by.

I'll be there.

Based on this level of response, I wonder about a couple of things:
1. Has this meeting run it's course and should it be replaced by a different meeting (with a new date, time and location)?
2. Is prime the best place to get responses to meeting notices? Has Facebook taken over?

With that said, and the fact that many people show up without posting to this thread. I plan to go down to SCA and see how many folks show up but I will have a discussion with those that do show about the future of the meeting.

Patty: I hope you do come but if you don't have brownies I would totally understand :redface:

Steve, as you know, I never have any idea how many brownies to make. Last time I wished I made more and then sometimes I have to take some home.

- - - Updated - - -

I know people show up with out posting. I also know I want to go visit my son in Goleta. Perhaps I'll just skip this meet and go see him instead. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna try real hard to make this meet. The last GMR cruise makes me want to come out to more meets!

I will be their and look forward to seeing everyone

How about you bring an NSX for a change, Tom? I know! You bring yours and I'll bring mine. You bring an Accord and so will I. :biggrin:

That way, I can leave from the meet and drive straight to Goleta.

Based on this level of response, I wonder about a couple of things:
1. Has this meeting run it's course and should it be replaced by a different meeting (with a new date, time and location)?
2. Is prime the best place to get responses to meeting notices? Has Facebook taken over?

With that said, and the fact that many people show up without posting to this thread. I plan to go down to SCA and see how many folks show up but I will have a discussion with those that do show about the future of the meeting.

Patty: I hope you do come but if you don't have brownies I would totally understand :redface:

I think that for us old timers, Prime is what we do. For the younger generation with the immediate need of gratification, they live for Facebook. I don't believe that the SCA meet is dead or long in the tooth. We are coming up on summer, the days are getting longer and warmer and the drives of late are spectacular. I believe we will get even more cars out to Southcoast Acura for our Thursday get togethers. Maybe what you/we need is someone to post on Facebook about the Thursday night meet and have them monitor interest and expected attendance. Not as easy as the old days of only posting on Prime, but quite possibly a better way of gauging interest.

Good going, Michael.

You'll be my guinea pigs for a slightly different brownie. I'm making a double batch, now, but changed half of one ingredient.

I'm going to miss this one as we are very busy here at the hotel. Everyone drive safe and I'll try for next month.

We had a nice turnout with around 15 NSXs and an Accord, a Ferrari and an S2000. I made a double batch of brownies and only Alex got skunked out of one. Jennifer, I could spend an hour playing with your sweet daughter's hair. We have a great bunch of people and I'm thankful for that.

Back