NSX Shipping Recommendations

I've decided to buy an NSX in the US and have it shipped back to Canada (Montreal). I would have preferred to just fly down and drive it back (800 miles), but I'm having all sorts of issues with insurance coverage and obtaining a temporary license plate.

Can anyone can recommend a good auto transport company?

Thanks!

Seb

I just had a 2004 shipped from Rochester, Minnesota to Manassas, Virginia. The carrier was Run-N-Hard Auto Transport out of Ohio. The car was carried on one of those big trailers with 8 other cars (including an antique Bugatti) and arrived in good shape. (The car had one small mark on the clear bra from the hook, I believe.) The driver was experienced; he had worked 25 years for General Motors. I believe his name was Tim, and I would trust my car with him.

The company requires cash payment (it cost me $500) due on delivery, and the driver won't deliver to a residential neighborhood because the truck is so big. I had to drive a mile or so pick up the car.

If you decide to use them and can't find their number on the Internet, let me know and I will sift through my emails to find it.

Good luck, and after my experience, I would recommend shipping. It saves a lot of hassle, including leaving your car outside a motel or in a hotel garage while driving home.

I used Plycar Transportation Group. The driver said that he delivers all of the cars for Tesla. He was very nice and professional. The car arrived exactly as it had left the dealership.

http://plycargroup.com/

Attachments

• IMG_1616.jpg
    IMG_1616.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1615.jpg
    IMG_1615.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 78
Greetings

I used Dependable Auto Shippers. I would not recommend them. They drove my car about 6 miles while it was in their possession. I made them give a rebate because of this.

In their defense, car did arrive on the promised date and was beautifully clean -- it was shipped enclosed. I could track it over the phone or on the web while it was in transit -- watched it move across Nebraska on I-80 with web browser. Could zoom in or out. It would move real time when the browser updated.

Cheers,
Martin

Back