NSX Shipping Car Cover Implementation

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks again to EE4Life at Acurazine for this info.
[/FONT]
The Master had previewed this for us in another thread.

My understanding is that Pilot has been spotty and some cars have arrived less perfect than they left the factory. Some drivers are diamonds. Some are scrubs that appear to be picked up from 7/11.

To All Sales/Service Management,

Starting on 6/14/17, all NSX units (delivered to U.S. Dealers) will be shipped with a custom-made car cover that is meant to help prevent any damage to the NSX unit during delivery. All NSX certified Technicians are required to complete a new training module to maintain their certification status. The new module contains a short video that will show you the proper procedures needed to remove the cover properly. The new training module is going to launch on 6/7/17 from the Acura Online University under Service Technical/NSX. Please make sure that the new training module is completed before the 6/14/17 start date.

If they reuse them it makes sense.

Don't want some minimum wage clown just hacking it off with a box cutter.

If they reuse them it makes sense.

Don't want some minimum wage clown just hacking it off with a box cutter.

Of course. But the one one who will be unbagging the car at the dealer will be the NSX technician. In order to get that title, you already need to be a master technician. To get that title, you're already quite a bit more than a minimum wage clown.

That said. I've met many "master techs" in the field that really do need to be told how to do something and can't figure out things on their own. So as ridiculous as it is to me, I suppose the training is a good idea.

but it goes against their recommendation of sticking anything to the paint before it fully cures! :tongue:

at least they're catching up with what audi does with all of their cars.

I believe the key point is sticking.

You can use your Acura car cover at delivery.

The paint breathing for 60 days after delivery is more about wax/sealants or wraps.

Back