NSX sellers

Does everyone get these emails that are trying to sell an NSX or is it just me?

Hello,
I just wanted to find out whether the car is still for sale.

Also, I punched in some info into Edmunds.Com but said that the car value is roughly $16,000 at an average condition and a little over $19,000 for Excellent condition.

I was just curious if you would negotiate a price around that range.

Thanks,
Jimmy

I always appreciate the interest in my car and yes I do want to sell it,, but a few minutes on this site should educate anyone that you cant just get a real value from edmunds, kellys BB, etc for an NSX. Just part of dealing with the public I guess.

Just me maybe

I just tell them politely to buy the car from Edmunds.com. JK, but I have dealt with the same situation before, The price is based on supply/demand, if you want to sell it fast, you need to price it lower to heighten the demand. NSX is a car in a class by itself, so the buying pool (demand ) is quite small. you just have to be patient.

Same thing happened to me when I sold my jet ski. I was asking $3800 and I got more emails asking me to sell at $1000 or $1200 or some other rediculous number I politely said no thanks and hit send.

On one hand I can't knock someone for trying. On the other hand I get so pissed when people post "Looking for a good NSX for around 20k" ERRR! :mad:
You get what you pay for when it comes to a NSX that is for sure. I have yet to see anyone get a great deal on a NSX for 20k without the car being in poor condition. Yesterday there was a two wrecked NSX's posted. One was not even repairable and the other had a bid of ~6600. The repair estimate was 18+k. So for ~25k and a lot of headaches the buyer would end up with a salvaged title NSX. For 5-7k more the buyer could have a perfect NSX, makes no sense to me.

I am one of those lowball offer people with real-estate. I put in a offer on every piece of property that comes on the market, usually 50% of the sellers asking price. I make the offer contingent upon my inspection. This saves me a lot of time as I only have to look at properties where I know the seller is serious about moving the property fast.

PHOEN$X said:
On the other hand you've got sellers like this that price their cars like they're made out of gold. :D
$999,999?! Boy, did I steal that car! :) Seriously, I just traded my blue 2003 for this white 2002, as the donor for my 2002 Type R project.

Has anyone ever taken your offer? :eek:

steveny said:
I am one of those lowball offer people with real-estate. I put in a offer on every piece of property that comes on the market, usually 50% of the sellers asking price. I make the offer contingent upon my inspection. This saves me a lot of time as I only have to look at properties where I know the seller is serious about moving the property fast.

Back