NSX Scaled Down

:rolleyes: Why bother with "Acura", then? Get rid of the brand and focus on Honda. No point having a luxury, high-end brand that tries to reach no higher than "wannabe". :rolleyes:

Well just when I thought Honda could not confuse me anymore I read this today.:confused:

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1034208_acura-plans-scaled-down-nsx-replacement

I hope he is just blowing some smoke out his haystack, an Acura 370Z? I would just disown Acura from that point on and tell people I drive a Ferrari when they ask me what kind of car it is haha. I def do not want to see my 55 year old aunt driving one and talk about how uncomfortable it is to get in and out of...

I'm sure it will still be priced at $60K to $80K still and can compete with the GTR tho. I don't think even Honda knows what to do yet, but lets hope they get it together... Just make it mid-engine, and we will be good to go ;)

IMO I see no new performance Honda's coming to market. They are working on more important things than performance like fuel sources, technology R&D. The CRZ is the next new Honda that will be an awesome little car, I'm excited to see that on the road.:smile: I don't think an NSX, S2000 or Prelude will be resurrected any time soon.:frown: Anything now is just speculation.

It shouldn't be related to an NSX unless it's midengined, period.

The new car looks like an S2000 coupe which would be awesome. :D They just need to make sure to keep the weight down.

It seems like there is no single vision of NSX, but many different ideas among Honda execs. I'll just be happy when they finally release the next NSX or any sports cars for that matter. Honda/Acura really needs a performance cars. I don't want Honda to become another Toyota/Lexus.

A lot of that was MA speculation the nuts and bolts is that they're supposedly looking at something that isn't $100k+.

If they start from scratch it will be many many years down the road but if they can use quite a bit of the V10 car maybe just go with less exotic materials and use the a highly tuned J series could be a quicker turn around and I'm sure performance will be greater than the 370Z.

I wonder if the Evora is what spun their heads around? Pretty embarrassing to them actually.

:rolleyes: Why bother with "Acura", then? Get rid of the brand and focus on Honda. No point having a luxury, high-end brand that tries to reach no higher than "wannabe". :rolleyes:

Exactly, I being saying this forever. Only one Acura is somewhat successful and that was the TL and Acura seems determined to destroy that. Ugly styling and still no rear wheel drive.....plus it competes with the Accord.

The NSX could have been successful if 1994 had the 1997 updates but with 320hp for America. The 1997 should have been the 2002 updates with a 3.5 direct injection (they should be a leader in all engine innovation) engine with 380hp. The console should have been updated (similar to the Mugen car)

The HSC with a much better rear end (actually from the door back) small 4.2 V8 with direct injection and 450hp at 2800lbs released in 2002. 2005 could have seen a 4.6 with 500hp for the upcoming Z06. 2008-9 could have seen the release of the third gen for battle against the GTR with 550-600hp.

You can't have a car that looks as nice (and as fast as a NSX) and the words out of your mouth is 290hp when asked how much hp. Not in America.

Even Ferrari realized this. Either go big or go home.

If they start from scratch it will be many many years down the road but if they can use quite a bit of the V10 car maybe just go with less exotic materials and use the a highly tuned J series could be a quicker turn around and I'm sure performance will be greater than the 370Z.

In other words, the WingZ/Honcho NSX recovery plan. :biggrin:

acura-nsx-replacement-preview_100226461_l.jpg

That look like a photoshop image of 370Z combined with something.

I like it as long as it is not called NSX.

I would prefer it be a 370Z competitor sold under ACURA brand and call it "XXX" :biggrin: Even better if it can kick 370Z ass and make it cry for mercy, that would be awesome. The size must not be bigger than 370Z and not smaller, otherwise it would look too girly. It also must be RWD.

Imagine if this car has stock turbo, just 300hp, same price as 370Z. That would make it the absolute most popular JDM tuner car.

A high performance mid range sports car will definitely put Honda back in the "cool" car company category again.

Last edited:
Why Honda may have changed their minds..

They finally get what many on this board has been saying. There is no market for a $100K+ FR sports car from Acura. It is a crowed segment with many established players, many with prestigous marques.

Honda/Acura is using the economic downturn as an excuse for shutting down the project whereas it was a bad idea in the beginning.

I welcome a 370Z competitor from Honda. It will find a space in my garage. But what my garage really longs for is a proper mid-engine replacement in the spirit of the HSC.

Clarification about Acura's statement (John Watts). Jeff from VTEC.net spoke with Acura PR, and below is Jeff summary.

"I spoke with Sara Pines of Acura PR for a while today concerning Steve Siler's blog entries on Caranddriver.com. Prior to our conversation, I submitted a list of questions for John Watts, and he responded to them via Sara today.

in general, the gist was that John wanted to re-emphasize that the supersports car project has been shelved indefinitely. There are no plans to take any of that existing development work and reshape or repurpose it into a lesser product. The entire development team has already been disbanded and reassigned. There are no current plans to revive the supersports project, but of course they're saying they reserve the right to "un cancel" the project if it ever makes sense in the future. Bottom line, the NSX would not be re-conceptualized as a non-Halo vehicle, and any thoughts that MIGHT be going on with respect to an Acura sports coupe (they won't say that there's anything in the works) are completely unrelated to whatever has gone on with the supersports program. "

http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=847272&page_number=1#847272

I love all the bullshit going on at Honda, I can just see my NSX appreciating in value everytime they talk about another dumb move.

I love all the bullshit going on at Honda, I can just see my NSX appreciating in value everytime they talk about another dumb move.

What are you still doing here?? Didn't you trade yours in for a GT-R?? Don't they have an R35 forum you can haunt.

I hope YOU are appreciating the value of your nsx:wink:

looks like a next gen (Beefed up) RWD RSX

Sad when you have to admit that Hyundai is making better looking cars than Acura, for 1/3 the price.

c'mon! while the genesis may be a decent sporty coupe and a good value for the money, it is nowhere the performer either our or the future nsx is/would be (no matter how ugly and front engined)

I personally think this is good and bad.

Bad: This and the NSX have no relation. No more proper halo exotic to compete with Ferrari, Lamborghini and whatnot. Tear one status just got farther away.

Good: Acura does need a luxury 2 seater to compete with the Lexus SC, BMW Z, Mercedes SLK and so forth. It is one thing missing. Someone please explain why in a line up of six vehicles, there is NO coupe and no 2 seater roadster in a proper price range, yet the ZDX made it in, when it overlaps the MDX? Huh?

I agree to the post above, if this car can handle the MDX's 300hp 3.7 with SH-Awd (for now), this could be a really hot seller, we'd see a lot of stuff happen to this car and that would open doors for the TL, RL and MDX as well, at least in aftermarket parts.

Last edited:
Back