NSX sales prediction

How many sales do you guys think that Acura gonna made from the sales of the new NSX? How much the production units should be made?

I am guessing 1000 cars per year for the first 2-4 years (though from the intel in the playbook, year 1 could be light as they are gonna be very careful to make sure every car is "right" when it leaves the factory)

Remember, all cars are but to order so production will align with customer orders (some of which will be dealers)

I am guessing 1000 cars per year for the first 2-4 years (though from the intel in the playbook, year 1 could be light as they are gonna be very careful to make sure every car is "right" when it leaves the factory)

Remember, all cars are but to order so production will align with customer orders (some of which will be dealers)

How many year do you think Acura gonna keep the NSX on the line up?

That's a tough one

I can see 10 years.

They are likely to do a lot better job at supporting this one.

Open top (targa and/or vert)
Lightweight R
Power/performance upgrades (I predict after year 3 of production)
Big increases in the customization. Take a look at the Bentley website, you can get lost in the exterior colors alone.
We should be able to at least select the roof color and get some crazy interior color choices (gray exterior with orange interior would be awesome)
The refresh should also add electronics to add all the lane assist, etc stuff
Special edition(s)(like the Zanardi, maybe a Graham Rahal this time))
Maybe do a crazy all CF exterior for the Middle East

That's a tough one

I can see 10 years.

They are likely to do a lot better job at supporting this one.

Open top (targa and/or vert)
Lightweight R
Power/performance upgrades (I predict after year 3 of production)
Big increases in the customization. Take a look at the Bentley website, you can get lost in the exterior colors alone.
We should be able to at least select the roof color and get some crazy interior color choices (gray exterior with orange interior would be awesome)
The refresh should also add electronics to add all the lane assist, etc stuff
Special edition(s)(like the Zanardi, maybe a Graham Rahal this time))
Maybe do a crazy all CF exterior for the Middle East

i believe that at one of the article, but I forgot about the website name or source. I read it before that one of the spokeperson from Acura said that if it is 800 per year, they are already sold out for two years, which mean there already 1600 NSX are sold? Do you know anything about this?

I also read us is sold out for 2 years

no word on ex us

this car is a great deal for the super car space

lots on non supercar owners will buy it because of the easy to live with Honda situation and that will make getting one tough for a while

Sorry Boys, but after getting a ride with A chassis Engineering around a Track on the weekend, and with a Launch Control session in the New NSX...Acura have a Winner on their hands.
They will be sold out for more that two years, once people get to see the Technology and capabilities of this car first hand.

Bram

Last edited:
Sorry Boys, but after getting a ride with A chassis Engineering around a Track on the weekend, and with a Launch Control session in the New NSX...Acura have a Winner on their hands.
They will be sold out for more that two years, once people get to see the Technology and capabilities of this car dirst hand.

Bram

Finally a reliable testimonial!

THX

I think there will be less than 8,000 total 2nd gens before the 3rd gen arises. That's a nice rare production number.

As the car is produced in the US and the demand in the US is very high and maybe not so high in the rest of the world do they shift the allocation to the US? Do people in Europe get a chance to even sit in one?

Honda is a global company/brand. Even though the US (given sheer size / income level) is generally the most important market for premium cars, Honda would not allocate more cars to the U.S. just to save on transportation costs. Since the cars are made to order, they don't need to decide how many to send to car lots around the world. If orders fall short of allocations in any market (even the US), but are strong elsewhere, they would of course shift cars to the markets wanting more. But I suspect that it will be some time before they confront that issue (offering more cars to a market than customers there want to order).

As the car is produced in the US and the demand in the US is very high and maybe not so high in the rest of the world do they shift the allocation to the US? Do people in Europe get a chance to even sit in one?

I don't know about Europe, but I've been told here in Australia, a very few select dealers [5?] will have a showroom queen to help promote sales. But Australians being brand whores, I'm not expecting them to move many, especially at the approx. $400,000 asking price.

I don't know about Europe, but I've been told here in Australia, a very few select dealers [5?] will have a showroom queen to help promote sales. But Australians being brand whores, I'm not expecting them to move many, especially at the approx. $400,000 asking price.
We have only one dealer here in Switzerland who will be able to sell it (McLaren has three official dealers) and the car is expected to be around SFR 200'000 which is exactly $200'000 right now. It looks in the US like it's sold out for some time, so I guess we end up down the very far end of the queue or have to pay even more premiums some US guys are pushed to. Does a showroom queen make sense if the second pricest Honda model costs not more than 30%?

Does a showroom queen make sense if the second pricest Honda model costs not more than 30%?

IMHO most definitely yes! The glow from the image and pizazz the NSX will generate will reflect onto even the lowliest Honda Jazz! To this day I get people come up to me, admiring the NSX, and comment it made them want to buy a Honda something.

The chosen dealer is in Geneva?? I visited your beautiful country last year, and my wife has fallen in love with Lucerne. Almost preferred it to Paris! We stayed at the Hotel des Balances :)

Last edited:
IMHO most definitely yes! The glow from the image and pizazz the NSX will generate will reflect onto even the lowliest Honda Jazz! To this day I get people come up to me, admiring the NSX, and comment it made them want to buy a Honda something.

The chosen dealer is in Geneva?? I visited your beautiful country last year, and my wife has fallen in love with Lucerne. Almost preferred it to Paris! We stayed at the Hotel des Balances :)
I hope it does have the same effect on people here too as Honda really needs it here but people here are 'luxury brand whores'.

The one dealer here is said to be in Zurich. Not sure about Geneva but it definitly would make sense to have one in the French part as well.

Lucerne is definitely a nice town to visit. If you like mountains and driving on Alpine passes I'd recommend to rent a car. They're in the south of Lucerne (1 hour) but only open during the summer season. Good weather is recommended too (as always :)).

Well the NSX MkII will be a hoot to drive on those roads, short of ice and sleet conditions! Whoever drop the money on one will be pleasantly surprised I'm sure, as long as they can cope with the extra width of the car!!

Switzerland as a country is so much nicer than France and Geneva is far nicer than Paris. The public services in Switzerland are leagues better than anywhere else in the world. It's a fantastic country.

Back