NSX repair near Philly?

I called my local dealer about a window alignment and they had no idea what I was talking about. Is there anyone that can be recomended that knows their stuff about the NSX repair near Philly?

That's terrible. The window alignment procedure is right in the factory service manual.

Bernie is still the NSX tech at Davis Acura in Langhorne, and is still one of the best, most-experienced NSX techs in the Northeast.

Larry B in Warwick NY is an NSX superstar and relatively inexpensive, but significantly further (125 miles from Center City, vs 28 for Bernie).

Last edited:
I live in newtown, 10 min from Davis. I guess I just spoke to the wrong person. I will call monday and speak to Bernie.

Thanks

I'd still talk to Larry. I took my car to Bernie's and it was great because they gave me a rental, but that was only because Larry couldn't fit me in like 4 years ago for a cv boot replacement and I needed alignment as well.

Anything else I'd see if it was a one day job and then take it to Larry.

Another suggestion would be a reliable body shop in your area. I know I've always had Pbassjo take care of my window needs.

Larry B in Warwick NY is an NSX superstar and relatively inexpensive, but significantly further (125 miles from Center City, vs 28 for Bernie).
Another suggestion would be a reliable body shop in your area. I know I've always had Pbassjo take care of my window needs.
Just FYI, Joe's shop is 170 miles from Center City.

Any good NSX mechanic, including Bernie and Larry, should be able to do a door glass adjustment.

You hope it never happens, but if you ever need body work done on your NSX, Joe's shop is strongly recommended - and you'll be thankful that you live only 170 miles away. :)

I do want to get a hood painted and I assume they will need to blend fenders but I would think most shops could handle just that

I do want to get a hood painted and I assume they will need to blend fenders but I would think most shops could handle just that

Why deal with the rest, go directly to the best. Nobody has more NSX body experience than Joe, and while it's up there, he can fix the window problem, and if you're having any mechanical issues, he's close enough to Larry to get those taken care of as well. It's a "win, win win" situation!!!

Yup. "Most shops" can do an adequate job, one that would please "most people". For an NSX, I'll take it to the best, most experienced shop I can find - even if it's a bit of a drive.

helpful info! i've looked around at some local acura dealerships and all seem to have very bad reviews.... good to know that at least one in the area has a well-known tech that knows the nsx

I will have to consider it. Its 3 hours from me so that means I would have to find someone willing to drive 6 hours to drop it off, twice.

Not to hi-jack, but having lived near Newtown, PA for the last 12 plus years and being in town alot I've never seen your car about! I love LBBP (Now in Pennington, NJ just across the river from Washington Crossing). We often take our car up to Larry and Joe as do others from the area. We just picked up the NSX after a beautiful paint job by Joe and, timing belt I believe it was, by Larry. PM us if you want to see Joe's gorgeous work - we're not far from you at all. btw this is our 3rd NSX Joe has painted for us. His work is really amazing.

Sometimes we're able to coordinate with other drivers from the area to save on the number of up and back trips.

Bernie from Davis Acura, who was a NSXPO2011 sponsor, is also really good.

ps you should come to the Holiday Party (soon to be announced) to meet more folks from the area who are NSXCA club members. That might make it easier to coordinate with others taking their cars up to Joe and Larry.

I just got the car so you wouldnt have seen it. That would be great if I could hitch a ride back. Ill be looking for that holiday party for sure.

Folks,

Remember Bernie retired;). If there is a good amount of NSX work Davis will bring him in, not sure for one window adjustment.

But....why do you need an adjustment? Leaking air? Not going up correctly? Too slow??

LMK

Regards,
LarryB

Last edited:
Larry,
I was told that Bernie still works Monday-Wensday. Also its leaking and going up slow.

Larry,
I was told that Bernie still works Monday-Wensday. Also its leaking and going up slow.

OK I was not aware of this as of the last time Bernie and I spoke, over a year ago.

Sounds like it does need adjustment and lube for sure. If Bernie is available I am sure he would take care of it, if you have any more questions just ask.

Regards,
LarryB

If you drop your car off to Larry he's got the woodbury common outlets up there too so you can shop around!

On a side note I was in the south philly hood where I live and saw a red nsx. I pull up to the side of him like an idiot and tell him how I have one and live around the area. He probably thought I was crazy, haha. But if you "other nsx in Philly with a carbon hood of some type" shoot me a message.

You have the advantage of living within reasonable distance of the best. You can get to both Joe's and Larry's via train.(They'll even pick you at the station if ya call ahead). It's not that hard. I'll admit that I was initially a little intimidated at the thought of navigating the NJ/NY train system, but it wasn't that big of a deal. I guess it just depends on how far you're willing to go for you're car...

You have the advantage of living within reasonable distance of the best. You can get to both Joe's and Larry's via train.(They'll even pick you at the station if ya call ahead). It's not that hard. I'll admit that I was initially a little intimidated at the thought of navigating the NJ/NY train system, but it wasn't that big of a deal. I guess it just depends on how far you're willing to go for you're car...
Yup. Not a big deal.

Joe's shop (click here) is in Poughkeepsie, which is on the Hudson line of Metro North commuter train service; click here for info.

Larry is in Warwick NY. It's a bit of distance from the nearest train service (Port Jervis line of Metro North), but there's convenient bus service between Warwick and the Port Authority in Midtown Manhattan via the 196 and 197 NJ Transit bus; click here.

Another option is to rent a car. Enterprise has locations in Poughkeepsie and Warwick.

Last edited:
Back