NSX Rentals??

Anyone know if its possible to rent an NSX for say a weekend. I have become infatuated with the car recently but I would like to drive one before I ever take the plunge of buying a pre-owned example. BTW, I don't think a 5 minute test drive could substitite for spending some real time driving the car.

Thanks.

spicytuna said:
Anyone know if its possible to rent an NSX for say a weekend. I have become infatuated with the car recently but I would like to drive one before I ever take the plunge of buying a pre-owned example. BTW, I don't think a 5 minute test drive could substitite for spending some real time driving the car.

Thanks.

Welcome to Prime.

I might be a tad bit bias however; the NSX is the best sports car built for the money.

To "quote" a great man, There is nothing to fear other then fear itself. Take the plunge.

It’s not a question of whether or not you should own one rather, what year or color? :D Buy, Drive, share and most of all enjoy! ;)

It frustrates me to no end when people post a message and do not say where they are from. Heres an example. Why do I have to ask where you are from. If you where from Edmonton I would say call me right now, or meet you down at Earls and we can take ya for a spin and perhaps if I like you, let you drive my car. Sorry to s### on you, but really I'm not, I'm a sweet guy as you can tell! This is that type of message that in my best opinion needs to know a location, that way we can be specifc as we can.
So where you from? There are a lot of nice guys here that can help you out with perhaps a ride.
And as Vintagecarman says, just find one for your budget and style and but it. I did!
Best to you!
Trev

ffffanman said:
It frustrates me to no end when people post a message and do not say where they are from. Heres an example. Why do I have to ask where you are from. If you where from Edmonton I would say call me right now, or meet you down at Earls and we can take ya for a spin and perhaps if I like you, let you drive my car. Sorry to s### on you, but really I'm not, I'm a sweet guy as you can tell! This is that type of message that in my best opinion needs to know a location, that way we can be specifc as we can.
So where you from? There are a lot of nice guys here that can help you out with perhaps a ride.
And as Vintagecarman says, just find one for your budget and style and but it. I did!
Best to you!
Trev

I would agree with ffffanman, It would have been a good idea to post your location. I do not know of any rental company’s that will offer an NSX. However, there are countless NSX owners such as ffffanman who would be gracious enough to let you take their NSX for a spin. "If" You are seriously ready to pull the trigger.

This would be another great aspect of becoming an NSX owner, the NSX community is a great place to be! :D

ffffanman said:
Best to you!
Trev

He is from NYC according to the 'location' information underneath his avatar . . .

You guys sure are a passionate bunch. I updated my profile to include my location--Queens, New York.

I will be in the market once I can get settled into my new house-- about 3 months. I was thinking of making my way up to NSXPO to take a gander at the cars and meet some people.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Dean

There are exotic car rental places out here in Los Angeles. You can find them in Brentwood or Beverly Hills. They also have exotic car rentals in Orange County. I would try on the NET to find an exotic car dealership in your area. See if this works.

Danny Yee.

dyee said:
There are exotic car rental places out here in Los Angeles. You can find them in Brentwood or Beverly Hills. They also have exotic car rentals in Orange County. I would try on the NET to find an exotic car dealership in your area. See if this works.

Danny Yee.

This type of rental company rarely stocks an NSX rather Ferraris, Lamborghini and super exotic’s. Renting one for a night or two will usually runs as much as a sizeable down payment on a NSX.

If you are in SoCal, I remember reading that there are some agencies that have NSxes for rent.. I believe that they are in Beverly Hills or Hollywood..

On a side note, I bought my NSX without ever driving one because I knew that it was the car that I wanted..

welcome to the board and good luck with your search..

Best place is Vegas- lots of places will rent you everything from a Ferarri to a Corvette, Hummer, etc, etc, and prices in LV are cheaper than California or NYC in most cases.

Go for a longer test drive if you can't make it out to Vegas. I don't think you'll have too many doubts after 15 min or so. I would say that I would go to one of the dealers on NE jersey, so you have a chance to get outside city traffic and roads.

spicytuna said:
I was thinking of making my way up to NSXPO to take a gander at the cars and meet some people.
Please do! You can register for the event on the event website at www.nsxpo.com. And you can get information on joining the club on the club's website at www.nsxca.org. Club members are welcome to come to the track event on Monday and/or Tuesday without registering for the event. You do not have to own an NSX to become a club member or to register to attend NSXPO.

Yeah, I ended buying one without having ever driven one too. Although, after browsing Prime for a couple of years I had a pretty good idea of what the experiance would be like.

I was just out in Vegas, and DreamCar Rentals DID NOT have an NSX to rent. I would confirm with them first before you get your heart set on renting one. I had to rent a vette instead. :eek:

Sean Williams said:
I was just out in Vegas, and DreamCar Rentals DID NOT have an NSX to rent. I would confirm with them first before you get your heart set on renting one. I had to rent a vette instead. :eek:

FYI-- I called DreamCar Rentals and they told me that they recently sold their NSX and will be receiving a new one in the the near future. They could not estimate when this will happen. I was told to follow up.

Attachments

• Vegas_convertible_NSX.jpg
    Vegas_convertible_NSX.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 330
It does look like his car.....was on Ebay a while back. I surely hope nobody else chopped the top off another poor NSX... :o

I made a couple of calls and was advised that mostly what the "weekend whales" want are Ferarri, Corvette and Hummer, which is
of course what they are going to have on the lot. Not much call for NSX rentals, apparently. If you are going to try and get laid, might as well rent the Corvette, the bimbo won't know the difference.. ;)

Vegas Boy said:
Best place is Vegas- lots of places will rent you everything from a Ferarri to a Corvette, Hummer, etc, etc, and prices in LV are cheaper than California or NYC in most cases.

Yeah! In Las Vegas i saw four months ago one black nsx for rent (automatic)
i think it was 93 or 94 nontarga. Near Bellaggio hotel.

nsx_pr said:
Yeah! In Las Vegas i saw four months ago one black nsx for rent (automatic)
i think it was 93 or 94 nontarga. Near Bellaggio hotel.

I rented a 348 Spider from that place and I didn't see an NSX on either of their lots.

I would not recommend driving an nsx unless you have the money to buy it..my opinon maybe cuz i love cars so much, but if i drove my car and never bought it, i would have been heart broken. good luck

Back