• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

NSX-R 02-05 ABS conversion kit (for 90-99 and 00-05 cars)

Hi Adnan,

My 1991 Australian RHD manual is a great car but the old ABS accumulator system is sure showing it's age.
Can you confirm you can supply an ABS system that will replace & upgrade mine, and can you provide an advance copy of any install instructions / technical details so I can understand what I would be getting, and work involved?

Lastly what is the price today and how much for freight to South Australia.

thanks

Maximizing stopping distance sounds undesirable. ;)

A often asked question,
Why a NSX-R modulator vs a Normal NSX modulator (we supply both)

The difference is in how the modulator modulates the braking and when it does how so.
A NSX-R system takes in to account the "performance" suspension and sticky tires and will intervene as late as possible.
Maximizing stopping distances, it also takes in to account aggressive brake compounds and grooved rotors.

A normal NSX moderator is focused on daily driving in bad weather conditions and setup for a comfortable grandtourer.
On perhaps not ideal tires.

So it will intervene earlier and be biased more to a stable under-steering street layout. (thus less forward bias)
Also the setup has to work perfectly for example on a NSX-T automatic, with a soft suspension and a full trunk.
With quite, low dust brake pads running on non grooved discs.

As you can see that makes for a different set of parameters.

14718631_1280669228643916_5904044161250245760_n.jpg

Kit installed, works, nothing to troubleshoot. :smile:

Two questions about wrapping things up:

1. The four now-unused orange connectors in front of the modulator. Is it safe to plug them into each other (they fit) to keep clean/tidy - or might that cause harm (connect things that should not be)?

2. I plugged the black and white wires from new wiring harness into the existing orange power-supply connector (all are shown in image below, before being connected). What do folks do to make these connections secure and keep them clean? Just wrap in electrical tape? Cut power connector off old modulator and splice onto these leads? Something else?

Pic2898.jpg

Is that metal brace around the abs still needed?

Maybe you can find an oem connector and have in Plug in like OEM.

What kennyvb said. The brace is independent of the mounting bracket that gets re-used. It can be installed or removed with either system. It is necessary to remove from mounting bracket to get old system off the mounting bracket (unless you want to undo the banjo bolts between accumulator and modulator) and probably necessary to have it removed while routing the new lines (I didn't try with it on). I'll probably reinstall. It is light and if attached to the car I don't need to store it elsewhere.

Maybe you can find an oem connector and have in Plug in like OEM.

I wonder if the ends on the wires are same as what are in OEM connector. If I pull wires/pins out of connector from old module, will these slide in? (If possible, this would avoid splicing to re-use connector from old module. But if it doesn't work and you try - may ruin old connector making splicing not even an option. Hence my inquiry.)

Last edited:
I wonder if the ends on the wires are same as what are in OEM connector. If I pull wires/pins out of connector from old module, will these slide in? (If possible, this would avoid splicing to re-use connector from old module. But if it doesn't work and you try - may ruin old connector making splicing not even an option. Hence my inquiry.)
There was someone on Facebook NSX Owners Group who mentioned having access to all sorts of Honda plugs. You may want to inquire there.

The pump side connector, please disassemble it as the wiring for the ABS module is designed to slot in to the pump side socket as OEM.
That way you have a 100% OE connection.

Kit installed, works, nothing to troubleshoot. :smile:

Two questions about wrapping things up:

1. The four now-unused orange connectors in front of the modulator. Is it safe to plug them into each other (they fit) to keep clean/tidy - or might that cause harm (connect things that should not be)?

2. I plugged the black and white wires from new wiring harness into the existing orange power-supply connector (all are shown in image below, before being connected). What do folks do to make these connections secure and keep them clean? Just wrap in electrical tape? Cut power connector off old modulator and splice onto these leads? Something else?

Pic2898.jpg

Is there any downside in doing this ?
Just cost. A couple thousand miles of driving and two days at Road America race track confirmed for me how much better this system is. It’s really a HUGE improvement in performance and feel. Seriously effective driver aid. Zero regrets for me.

Just cost. A couple thousand miles of driving and two days at Road America race track confirmed for me how much better this system is. It’s really a HUGE improvement in performance and feel. Seriously effective driver aid. Zero regrets for me.

I’m curious whether it would affect the Stock OEM value if I were to make the upgrade?

Yes in a positive way. Unless you're talking super low mileage concourse example.

My thoughts exactly. The old one is unreliable (not to mention lower-performance). New one has great fit/finish being an OEM part (just from other years), lighter, reliable, better-performing, safer, etc. Similar to removing my hardwired NSX phone and CD changer - might impact value if I were under 5k miles...but I'm at 60k so no worries.

Last edited:
Back