NSX prices for pristine cars (I was shocked)

I had a look in the European and the US market and was shocked to see the asking prices which rose by 20% or so within less than half a year. There must be something wrong IMO. Younger cars in Europe were asked for EUR 40-50-60k, 02+ in the US 60-70k. Did the market prices really rise, what do you think or is it just the seller trying to sell the car at a high price but fails to do so?

I think they are asking for way to much, and then they wonder why it didnt sell. or they dont really wanna sell it.

or think the car is worth more than it really is.

shit I would sell my 92 for 500K if some smuck would by it for that. LOL

here's the keys LOL

I think the economy is starting to get better, so the prices may be starting to creep up. I think we bottomed out in 2009-2010 with prices for relatively decent 91's around $20,000 US.

I think they are asking for way to much, and then they wonder why it didnt sell. or they dont really wanna sell it.

or think the car is worth more than it really is.

shit I would sell my 92 for 500K if some smuck would by it for that. LOL

here's the keys LOL

Last year some 2 guys from what seems to be Ethiopia (home of the worlds fastest land animal - the ethiopian chicken) asked me if I got a steal on my NSX for $250k.

That's a nice black 04 and I don't think it's over priced really cause how many of em are out there -well maybe a few. That is definitely a premium price!

For pristine ones, I guess yes.

Pristine rare cars are few and far between....for a seller who is no rush to deal with tire kickers or deadbeats, he can ask whatever he wants. All it takes is one person to be willing to write the check and it's a sale! Everyone else who talks about the car most likely are not serious buyers anyways IMO.

If you look on Ebay, Cars.com, Autotrader and it will give you an average of the market in terms of choices of cars....

For exotics like the R8, 16m Scuderia, Lambo, etc as long as you have the cash in the bank, it's easy to obtain one, no one will dispute that right?

But take cars like the Ferrari Stradale or a late model 04/05 NSX with low miles, now you are truly in the "NEEDLE IN THE HAYSTACK" category so that shifts the power to the SELLER. Thus if a buyer wants one of those cars bad enough they have to pony up :biggrin:

I called a denver dealership with on 05 silver, they were asking 72500 and got a buyer by the time I called last week. I asked if there was any interest and they apologized and said it was just sold that day at 1K under asking price. Car had 15k miles or so.

As more people mod their cars, smash them up, weather takes its tolls, there is a point where supply of decent NSX's will get to such a low number that it will be worth more than it is today.

If you have serious money, and really want one, are you going to buy a 91 with 200K miles on it? Or would you drop 1 week of interest on your millions on a pristine 04 with 1500 miles for 70K+ ?

If I had that kind of money I would buy that car I mentioned above. I settled, but someone with real coin probably wont settle. They will get their money (not in a hurry) but they will someday

J

I called a denver dealership with on 05 silver, they were asking 72500 and got a buyer by the time I called last week. I asked if there was any interest and they apologized and said it was just sold that day at 1K under asking price. Car had 15k miles or so.

As more people mod their cars, smash them up, weather takes its tolls, there is a point where supply of decent NSX's will get to such a low number that it will be worth more than it is today.

If you have serious money, and really want one, are you going to buy a 91 with 200K miles on it? Or would you drop 1 week of interest on your millions on a pristine 04 with 1500 miles for 70K+ ?

If I had that kind of money I would buy that car I mentioned above. I settled, but someone with real coin probably wont settle. They will get their money (not in a hurry) but they will someday

J

Couldn't have said it any better :smile:

Im not sure if NSXs apply, but when the economy dipped the most back in 2008/09 the used car market was a bargain. I had many peers purchase used audis, bmw, honda. etc around that time and recently sold(2 years later) them for either at a break even price or accute loss. Used car prices are definately rising as. Couple years ago I was in the market for a cheap beater around 5k, now the same equivalent cars are $6-7.

Back