NSX Price Speculation

Well now that we know a good possibility that the new NSX will be here 2013, what do you think the value of the current will be heading to? up r' down?

What are you basing "good possibility" on?

I'm not saying it's impossible, but if it is just another rumor, I wouldn't speculate at all. Rumors have been flying around for quite some time now (maybe close to 10 years now) when statements made by the CEO or executives "confirmed" an upcoming release, only to result in no fruition.

Either way, the next NSX will likely be completely out of the current NSX's price range (100k+) (several times over if you consider the LFA to be its competition). And thus, I don't think our prices are going to depreciate. If anything, they will hold still or possibly appreciate over time.

I think we can look to how the LFA affected the Supra's resale values for some inspiration although the two cases aren't completely analogous.

The NSX is one of those wonderful cars that are very hard to sell. Unless you are in need to sell, you don't want to negotiate off your price. Watching my NSX leave my garage for the last time would be heart-breaking. I don't think I am the only one feeling this way. What could replace it? 458 maybe.

perfectnsxleftside_50.jpg

I might be looking at buying a gpw na1 next year so hopefully prices go down a bit :tongue::smile:

Thats illogical. If anything you would want the price to steadily increase. That way you can own the car for a few years and sell it for more than you paid. There are not many cars out there that you can do that with. Sure, the initial cost reduction would be nice, but then you are looking at a net loss situation. I would rather spend more and get more later if I sell. And you never know if you will need to sell or not, life throws you some serious curves!

Thats like saying you hope the price of a stock is going down, a steadily rising stock price is a great way to make money. I understand you want to buy on a temporary dip, but that really equates to getting a good deal on one, either stock or with the options you actually want.

j

Thats illogical. If anything you would want the price to steadily increase. That way you can own the car for a few years and sell it for more than you paid. There are not many cars out there that you can do that with. Sure, the initial cost reduction would be nice, but then you are looking at a net loss situation. I would rather spend more and get more later if I sell. And you never know if you will need to sell or not, life throws you some serious curves!

Thats like saying you hope the price of a stock is going down, a steadily rising stock price is a great way to make money. I understand you want to buy on a temporary dip, but that really equates to getting a good deal on one, either stock or with the options you actually want.

j

I hear you about the unexpected in life.... But, i never said I plan on selling it, the nsx has always been my dream car and if i get a hold of a gpw na1 i will drive it until the wheels fall off. Either way I will own one some day....:wink:

I hear you about the unexpected in life.... But, i never said I plan on selling it, the nsx has always been my dream car and if i get a hold of a gpw na1 i will drive it until the wheels fall off. Either way I will own one some day....:wink:

Never say never. When I bought my GPW, it was a long road and a dream come true. I thought I would never sell it. Then something came up and I sold it. Now I have another Berlina Black NSX. I would sell it again to obtain an NA2/02+. You just never know.

I think they might go up a little bit in price. It helps people remember this random car that most people probably forgot about. That would be sick if I got all my money back that I paid for it.

This I agree....It happened to me 3 times already lol

Never say never. When I bought my GPW, it was a long road and a dream come true. I thought I would never sell it. Then something came up and I sold it. Now I have another Berlina Black NSX. I would sell it again to obtain an NA2/02+. You just never know.

Back