nsx price check?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsxlover555

Suspended
i am wondering what a 1992 nsx in red , automatic trans with 25k on the clock

should bring in the market??

thanks

hmmm... Adding to NsXMas's concise insight, other information is needed to be able to come to an approx. valuation of the NSX in question.

ie. Interior color, exterior/interior condition, upto date maint'/service for previous intervals, any mods' or accessories (wheels, exhaust, stereo, etc), car-fax report, any paintwork/collision/repair history, current state of wear-n-tear items/consumables (tires, brake pads/discs, clutch, etc), single/mult. past owners, location, blah blah blah. . .

Without any of the aforementioned details, I'd say $25k - 35k. . . :cool:

boy,
could of done without the smart ass answers

i said it was stock, thats no mods

its in excellent both inside and out new tires.

again i ask the question what is it worth
or what would you pay for it
thanks

personality check?

hmmm... Change that attitude or find a new forum, respect is earned in order to be received! Sheesh...

You NEVER said it was 'stock'!
i am wondering what a 1992 nsx in red , automatic trans with 25k on the clock

should bring in the market??

thanks

FYI: exactly two years ago in the Greater Dallas area, two Red automatic NSX'es were sold for $24k and $25.5k. The former was a 1992 w/ Ivory interior, 54k miles highway miles, 1 owner, garage kept, t-b/w-p & 60k/90k mile services done, and pristine interior/exterior condition; few paint chips on front nose. The latter was a 1991 w/ Onyx interior, low 40k'ish miles, t-b/w-p & 60k/90k mile services done, excellent interior/exterior condition; few scratches on one side.

Please be courteous to people trying to help you.

Last edited:
i would be courteous but the smart ass 5k to 150k wasnt called for.

so am i too assume in nice shape this car is worth high 20s with the miles?

i see 1991 and 1992s on ebay with similar miles bringing 30 to 35k but they are manual i am wondering how much the auto hurts the resell value
thanks

well the auto was a 500 dollar option
so i dont see how it would effect the actual value
just the fact it would lower the prospective people interested in it.

the tb has been done according to him

any opinions?

nsxlover555 said:
so i dont see how it would effect the actual value
just the fact it would lower the prospective people interested in it.

the tb has been done according to him

any opinions?

Lesser demand = Lesser value.

but how much less value
lets say this car with a manual tranny is worth 32 to 34k
how much with an auto?

thanks

nsxlover555 said:

Really? You actually had to pay extra for an auto back in 1992? When did it become a no cost option?

I had an automatic NSX-T before and it didn't cost me any extra.

nsxlover555 said:
just 500

still any ideas on what the auto detracts from the value now?

NADA, KBB, Galves, Black book will all have different opinions, just like every member on prime :biggrin:

Idea's on an auto? :eek: i don't think we have alot of auto tranny owners here, you could probably get it cheap. 25 to 28k? JMO.
Get whatever you're comfortable with at a price you can afford.

I was shocked to see they were around 5 grand under a stick.
Just from following auto trader.
What have you found so far?

I think it's worth whatever somebody is willing to pay, and I think most (not all) members here wouldn't want to pay for an auto. If *I* were to buy an auto, I would have to do the manual conversion and I'd imagine that would cost in the range of $7K - $10K (I could be wrong). So for me (and MAYBE the majority), I would expect to pay at least $5K less for the auto. However, I'm sure there is somebody out there looking for your car! If that's the case, I would say it is worth the same as the manual. If somebody specifically wants an auto then I'd say it's worth $1K - 2K more than the manual. In short, if you mark it down $5K it will be a fairly easy sell, but if you wait it out you'll be sure to find a buyer at the price of a comparable manual :smile:

Redshift is right on.

If you bother do a search, you'll find that pricing has been discussed many many many times before.

When you sign up as a new member and ask a generic, oft asked question in the wrong forum, you're going to get a little push back.

The first 20 times that I saw this question answered it was cool. Now that this type of question has been asked ad nauseum it's getting a little tiring.

On top that, you could have introduced yourself to the forum, formulated your question with a lot more detail. If you bother to put in the effort to introduce yourself and word your question with effort, you're bound to get much better responses.

Your first two posts in this and the General NSX forum is a classic example of lazy posts, which show that you didn't bother to do a search, didn't bother to put effort into your question, didn't bother to do your homework.

That's why there's a FAQ and the search function. Seems like people never bother to reference it these days.

Not to be baised but I think older people have a higher demand for automatics... its a 500 option when new and another 5000 option to replace a bad auto which are prone to failure at high mileage.

nsxlover555 said:
but how much less value
how much with an auto?

thanks
Truthfully, I think $5K less is reasonable. The way I see it there is no drop in value of an autoamtic NSX to the right buyer. The problem is, most people who are looking at buying an NSX want the manual. If you hold out for the right person looking for an automatic Red/Ivory NSX, you probably could sell it for the same prices as the manuals of equal condition. That could be a very long wait though. If you can't wait and need to sell it in a reasonable time frame you have no choice IMHO but to discount it. For me personally, in order for me to give up the manual and jump into an automatic NSX it would have to be a heck of a deal. $5K less wont do it for me. At $6-$7K less than an equal manual I probably would jump on it if this was to be my very first NSX.

nsxlover555 said:
but how much less value
how much with an auto?

thanks

Last year when I was in the market for an NSX I came across a 91 Auto that was in great condition. It was a very clean car without any modifications or body work and around 50k on the odometer. I nearly closed the deal for 23k But opted to spend almost 10k more for a similiar condition manual NSX with 36k miles . Just my personal preference that I liked the manual Xmission much more and was willing to spend more for it.

OK, NSXlover555 has probably learned his lesson.

When I was still shopping for and NSX I originally began looking for an automatic due to the heavy traffic in the SF Bay Area in CA. I would have paid a premium for the automatic at that time.

Fortunately, and I am serious, I could not find a clean automatic. I eneded up buying the '01 6 speed and have never regretted it and thank the NSX Gods that there was no clean automatic available at the time. I truly love the 6 speed and would not have enjoyed the automatic as much.

I do believe that automatics sell for a couple of thousand dollars less than a manual. I think $5K is to much of a hit in price though.

so it seems that mid to high 20s on this one but worth more to the right buyer as usually the case is

thanks

In good condition, I'd say $24k - $25k primarily for the auto and its 13 years old.

I'd look for a higher mileage 97+ and consider 72 month financing. You'll love the removable roof and 6 spd tranny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back