Nsx Owners With High Equifax Scores Can Save 5% On Gas Prices

Hey NSX owners thanks for your help in getting me set up for my new NSX to replace the totaled one. Pentagon FCU is currently offering a credit card with a decent rate for a rewards card( like 13.9%)- that gives users 5% moneyback for each gallon of gas put on the card. I would assume gas prices are in the $3.80 range for Unleded Premium out in California, so you could save about 19 cents a gallon. It could save some drivers over $3 a tank and that adds up. The rate really does not matter if you pay it off every month as I do mine.

Pentagon FCUs decision making process is driven by Equifax for NSX drivers with high Equifax scores that live on West Coast or Anywhere else for that matter, and have lower Transunion or Experian scores.

The reason I say this is because when I did auto finance in California in 2003 and 2004, we, and most Credit Card companies there and in the
Northeast and Middle America, primarily looked at Experian or Transunion to decide whether to finance you on a car or to give you a credit card.
If your Equifax score is the high one-(my Equifax is 713, with TRANS at 653 and EXP at 658)- of the 3 bureaus before going to get a Credit Card or to finance an NSX on the West Coast, go to www.penfed.org, the Pentagon FCU site. Or dial them up at 800-247-5626. You then pay a small $5 fee to set up an account and put in $20 so you have a $25 dollar account, or it is free if you have someone in your family active military or if you are retired military.
They then run your Equifax and get the score,and within four hours have an answer for you. The neat thing is that they are open 24 hours a day and they are open on Saturdays too, so they can make decision at odd hours, sometimes at night. The credit limits go up to $40k on the card. They also have other cards with much lower rates without the rewards for gas if you prefer.
Anyway, I remember when I lived in California, I wished I would have had a card like this. I hope this is helpful to some of you where gas is high. I picked one up right after they approved me for the car(a 1996 NSX for 60 months @6.54%). That is an incredible rate because todays FEDERAL DISCOUNT RATE is 6.25%) -The Fed Disc Rate is the interest rate that is charged to commercial institutions on loans with their regional FEDERAL RESERVE BANK. Easy a that! Thanks to all, Prescott

Last edited:
lol sorry if only our fuel was as cheap as your

i just paid £4.50 a gallon convert that lol

thx amo

Thanks for the info IBCOOL.

--------------------------
amo,
4.5 GBP is about $8.99 USD (today's rate). :eek:

Back