NSX owner = Audio buyer?

ak

Legendary Member
Today when I was pumpin Gas into my NSX, some dude in an SUV stops and yells to me if I wanted high end home entertainment center. He tells me he's got it for free(?) and can give it to me for good deal blah blah blah. I tell him no. Weird thing is, the same exact thing had happened to me back in Chicago where I was getting into my car and some guy offers to sell audio. Now I reside temporary in VA. Is this a new way of selling audio? Look for a guy with nice car and try to sell audio?

I've heard the story about "high-end" speakers, but never an entertainment center. Wow, the scams people come up with nowadays.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Maybe he wanted to do a home delivery for you so he could see where you live. That way he could "borrow" some of your nice stuff later when you go out to burn up the gas you just put in the NSX.
wink.gif

The same thing happened to me when I was in my NSX. These guys were trying to sell high end speakers.

A Chicago news station did an investigative report on this. It's a total scam. Basically, they are not high-end speakers but cheap $20 speakers. They put fake price tags on it that say $1500, etc. Then they drive around in vans with a made-up store logo and pretend they need to 'unload' leftover inventory. The news station traced the owner of this company and found out he was (of course) an ex-con.

If it's too good to be true...

Originally posted by ak:
Today when I was pumpin Gas into my NSX, some dude in an SUV stops and yells to me if I wanted high end home entertainment center. He tells me he's got it for free(?) and can give it to me for good deal blah blah blah. I tell him no. Weird thing is, the same exact thing had happened to me back in Chicago where I was getting into my car and some guy offers to sell audio. Now I reside temporary in VA. Is this a new way of selling audio? Look for a guy with nice car and try to sell audio?

Hey.. you know what..?

I've experienced the exact same thing when I was double parking outside my friends house waitinf for her and some guys in a van stopped by and asked me if I want to buy a set of home entertainment speakers and said they are offering it at unbelievable low price...?

Anyone got an idea whats these guys up to?

[This message has been edited by BostonNSX (edited 08 August 2002).]

Back