NSX Owner Again!

I finally did it and once again I am a NSX owner! :biggrin: I was so excited/happy that I spent all of sunday zaino'ing my car. Goodbye M3 and hello NSX :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_1057.jpg
    IMG_1057.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_1058.jpg
    IMG_1058.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_1060.jpg
    IMG_1060.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 294
O-Ace said:
Congrats! How about a little M3 vs. NSX write up?

-Awais

IMO I don't really think you can compare the 2 cars since they are both different yet great cars. But here's a little write up about my opinions on the M3

Well what can I say about the M3? It's a great car that has a good power band and great handling for a sports car/coupe. The car is definitely an extremely comfortable car to drive even on a long distance trip down to Sacremento. It was very reliable (although I only owned it for a year), I had driven about 30,800 miles with zero problems. Surprisinly, the customer service I recieved from BMW of Bellevue (where I had purchased my M) was outstanding (I dare say even better than the service I had recieved from my local acura dealer when I owned my previous NSX). The thing that I probably will miss the most about my M3 are the brakes, the DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) when it's raining, and the seats that can adjust support with the push of a button :biggrin: . IMO I feel that the stock M3 brakes are better than my NSX's.

Some of the toy's that I will be missing:
Outside temp gauge
2 extra seats :biggrin:
Stock HK sound system
Trunk space
Heated seats/mirrors
One touch everything
Memory seats/mirrors

Cons:
Well the main reason why I was unhappy with my M3 was due to the fact I had traded my 99 NSX for my M. If I had never owned a NSX, I would have been extremely happy with the M3. For what it is, it is a great car and I understand why the M badge has such a following. The M3's engine was in the wrong place :tongue: and the gear changes where unbelievably long (yet butter smooth). The engine felt as if it was straining to redline when I would take the car up to 8k unlike the NSX. Instead, it felt as if the engine was straining to accelerate.
While the car did have great handling, it had (imo) massive body roll that one wouldn't expect from a performance car. Nothing that cannot be solved with aftermarket sways and a short shifter kit. Another thing that bothered me about my M was the climate control system. It would take forever to raise or lower the temp by holding the up/down buttons. Also my car had devoloped some minor but very annoying rattles that would come and go which drove me mad.
And the final con there was no feedback.

With the NSX though, it was my dream car from the moment I first saw one in person back in 95 at a acura dealership in MI. :tongue:

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment, I'm thinking about changing out the carpet to black because it gets dirty/stains easily. Has anyone done this before? or am i crazy for even considering? :biggrin:

The Yellow/Yellow combo is a lot of yellow! :smile: the Black carpet sounds cool....if you want some help or some garage space to do it in let me know...maybe see you at Claim jumper on sat?...JZ

Welcome back!

Very nice, y/y myself also. I had the same thought about putting black carpet in just to tone it down a bit, but I am guessing it will be pretty steep to do. Congratulations!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back and compliments! I was so excited about buying another NSX that I couldn't sleep right for the past three nights :eek: :biggrin:

Zahntech I will definetly try and make it out to the claim jumpers meet this sat :smile:

By the way can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I could purchase black carpet for the NSX?

NSX01 said:
Welcome back and congrats.
Are you going to install the nice purple nos bottle in your car :biggrin: :smile: ?

lol I was contemplating it but at this point I dont' believe I will. I've been trying to sell that zex kit for sometime with no luck. Maybe if I get really bored one day? :tongue:

zahntech said:
The Yellow/Yellow combo is a lot of yellow! :smile: the Black carpet sounds cool....if you want some help or some garage space to do it in let me know...maybe see you at Claim jumper on sat?...JZ

Thank you for offering, if I do go ahead with the black carpet project I'll definetly let you know!

Why not just get black floormats?
  • A lot lesss money
  • Easier to install
  • Easily reversed in case you want to go back to all yellow once in a while :)

Either way, congrats on your second NSX! Hopefully you'll never stray again! :p

dave22 said:
Why not just get black floormats?
  • A lot lesss money
  • Easier to install
  • Easily reversed in case you want to go back to all yellow once in a while :)

Either way, congrats on your second NSX! Hopefully you'll never stray again! :p

Definitely going to purchase black floor mats first :wink: It's just that the yellow carpet is hard to keep clean :frown: I've driven it sat/sun/mon and tonight and the carpet is already staining.

DrVolk Hopefully i'll be able to make it!

Back