NSX Outdated?

I think the NSX is aging pretty gracefully. Most cars, BMW for example, look great when new (pre-Bangle), but look dated very quickly.

Many of the newer cars are just plain boring or too hard on the eyes (i.e. Gallardo or most of Bangle's designs).

Its a sad day when folks have to buy used/out of production cars to get good styling.

I agree. I love how you used the word "gracefully" for the NSX, which is so true.

wctsao said:
I think the NSX is aging pretty gracefully. Most cars, BMW for example, look great when new (pre-Bangle), but look dated very quickly.

Many of the newer cars are just plain boring or too hard on the eyes (i.e. Gallardo or most of Bangle's designs).

Its a sad day when folks have to buy used/out of production cars to get good styling.

When I read car mag articles, many do mention that the NSX is dated. The editors want something fresh and updated. One of the letters to the editor had a reader ask why the NSX wasn't included in their supercar challenge. They came back stating that nothing was changed since '97 and had no interest including in the test.

One thing that irks me is the frequent mention of the NSX's pop-up headlights being dated. They may indeed be but when the Corvette is reviewed, there's no mention of the pop-up lights being dated at all. So the Vette's pop-up lights are more modern looking than the NSX's? With the NSX's '02 update, that's not an issue anymore. The current Vette still has pop-ups and I've read nothing about them being dated from the articles that I've read in the car mags so far. Go figure.

really, who gives a crap what the magazine editors think? had i listened to them, i would have spent my 60k on something "fresher" with more HP.. it's like the movie reviewers, same basic crap. i loved freddy vs. jason... what do i care if some moron behind a desk in NYC didnt? i STILL get notes left on my windshield (of my 1975 toyota landcruiser) asking to buy it if it's for sale.. does it look dateD? you better friggin beleive it!!

As a new car, yes it is getting dated. Imagine if Ferrari had kept the 348/512TR styling lines for the last 10 years. They might be good looking lines, but progress demands differentiation between model years and progression in stlying themes. The NSX's styling has progressed exactly zero.

However it still looks great and IMO will be a classic.

a whole decade went by and people still stare at NSXs. i don't think its outdated.

its all a matter of opinion and standard.

I took my wife to Tony's for our anniversary tonight in downtown St. Louis (only Italian Mobile 5 star in the country for a while).

Anyway - we almost ran over people running into the street to look at the NSX! People were honking, screaming, waving, etc. We even had people on a horse drawn carriage following and waving at us. It was like having your own parade!

Not a slam but if you feel it is outdated, too slow, too old, etc. - perhaps it is time for a new ride? IMO the general population still goes crazy when they see one and they still get a lot of attention at the track among enthusiasts and kids alike.

i am sorry. something like this don't happen here in southern cali :) as soon as i take mine out, civics, trucks, and all sorts of ricer come out toooOOoo reving up on me.....good thing i have all the patience in the world :D

matteni said:
I took my wife to Tony's for our anniversary tonight in downtown St. Louis (only Italian Mobile 5 star in the country for a while).

Anyway - we almost ran over people running into the street to look at the NSX! People were honking, screaming, waving, etc. We even had people on a horse drawn carriage following and waving at us. It was like having your own parade!

Not a slam but if you feel it is outdated, too slow, too old, etc. - perhaps it is time for a new ride? IMO the general population still goes crazy when they see one and they still get a lot of attention at the track among enthusiasts and kids alike.

Back