NSX on Ebay

This car just finished competing in the One Lap competition. Not sure where it placed in its class. The NSX from MD (its teammate) placed first in class.

I think the odometer may be a tad off at 1 mile.....hehehehe. :D

I like the AIM engine management and the RC 550 injectors for a 600HP+ car, I was running at 100% duty cycle on 550's at only 480ish HP.

nsxlover said:
I like the AIM engine management and the RC 550 injectors for a 600HP+ car, I was running at 100% duty cycle on 550's at only 480ish HP.
not that I think its good, or condone it, but Rob was trying to run around 500hp + a 200 shot of fuel and Nos, with a seperate "race" fuel tank etc.
Not sure how one actually promotes selling it with that setup when it hasnt worked so far, but?
Just my $.02

"The dyno numbers were very impressive touting an impressive 547 RWHP on boost before running out of injector (100%+). Dan from the tuning shop thinks with more injector it will make 600 just on boost alone. Dan de-tuned the engine to 500 and tested the NOS, since it has it's own fuel source. He started off with 100 hp addition, the pull made 607 with an amazing 554 foot pounds of torque."

The engine made 547 RWHP with the 550 RC injectors at 100% duty cycle and 85 PSI.
Nitrous fogger nozzles inject both NOS and fuel, and drag racers regularly use a second fuel cell, pump, and regulator to ensure proper feed. This also allows the addition of higher octane fuel for the NOS only, while the engine can run pump gas.

Edgemts said:
not that I think its good, or condone it, but Rob was trying to run around 500hp + a 200 shot of fuel and Nos, with a seperate "race" fuel tank etc.
Not sure how one actually promotes selling it with that setup when it hasnt worked so far, but?
Just my $.02

The Nitrous always has worked great, but the stock engine couldn’t even safely handle the 500 RWHP (in a road racing environment). So I backed the boosted hp to 450 that was easily made without nitrous.

Mike, Think!

Your $.02 can only buy parts and many times some of the technical discussion is over your head. I apologize, I wouldn’t normally point out your ignorance publicly, but that’s the forum you chose.

That is the difference. 85psi on your fuel pressure seems a bit high. I am only running 42psi. I moved up to the 750's and now have plenty of fuel. What type of s/c are you running? I think that is the highest numbers out of a s/c I have seen so far on a NSX.

nsxlover said:

I know Mike probably answered your question with the nitrous/fuel cell. Even without the NOS, more potential (over 480) is available. Besides the fuel pressure, the 70 ish extra horsepower probably has something to do with the 3.3 liter vs. 3.0 liter comparison. In addition to the boost pressure, better engineered air temperatures, freer flowing intake manifold, throttle body, heads, and exhaust. Oh, I don’t want to neglect the tuner ability.

RacerX-21 said:
"The dyno numbers were very impressive touting an impressive 547 RWHP on boost before running out of injector (100%+). Dan from the tuning shop thinks with more injector it will make 600 just on boost alone. Dan de-tuned the engine to 500 and tested the NOS, since it has it's own fuel source. He started off with 100 hp addition, the pull made 607 with an amazing 554 foot pounds of torque."

The engine made 547 RWHP with the 550 RC injectors at 100% duty cycle and 85 PSI.
Nitrous fogger nozzles inject both NOS and fuel, and drag racers regularly use a second fuel cell, pump, and regulator to ensure proper feed. This also allows the addition of higher octane fuel for the NOS only, while the engine can run pump gas.

The Nitrous always has worked great, but the stock engine couldn’t even safely handle the 500 RWHP (in a road racing environment). So I backed the boosted hp to 450 that was easily made without nitrous.

Mike, Think!

Your $.02 can only buy parts and many times some of the technical discussion is over your head. I apologize, I wouldn’t normally point out your ignorance publicly, but that’s the forum you chose.

Sure Rob,Maybe look in the mirror, see whos head its over.
I mearly stated that the setup you decribe for sale didnt hold together, and since you want to get smart, your mega motor didnt even make it a half day without blowing up. SO whos head is it over, maybe you got in a little over yours.
Rob Think!
your funny, go on living in your world where you are God, just stop misrepresenting cars, parts etc and telling people things that are not true.

nsxlover said:
That is the difference. 85psi on your fuel pressure seems a bit high. I am only running 42psi. I moved up to the 750's and now have plenty of fuel. What type of s/c are you running? I think that is the highest numbers out of a s/c I have seen so far on a NSX.
Besides Mikes $.02, the first thing that came to mind was the fuel pressure. With boost I like to run a rising rate regulator that idles around 55 PSI and raises to about 75 PSI. WE were only at 85 because we knew we were out of injector.

The One lap and the dyno numbers are with a Bosch Boost Novi 2000. I drafted the pulley template that most of the people are using for more boost. In this application I’m running a 3.1 diameter pulley that makes 14 PSI. The air runs through a large after-cooler that was further cooled with cryo. The unit ran flawlessly, but I’m not fond of the drive shaft, and the 2000 is maxed out for Novi.

The systems I’m building now use ATI/Procharger head units. The one I’m building for myself uses an F series head unit for 20 to 22 PSI, because I would like to run 700+ just on boost. Nitrous is not practical even in the one lap environment. The other project is for a friends street car, my target here is 450. Both units will be driven without a drive shaft.

Almost forgot- With Realtimes Vortech V1E (a special head unit made to flow more CFM at a lower PSI), I have seen higher numbers.

What are you doing for axle halfs and transmission? I need to do something with mine.

Yes Mike with R&D you do get failures and yes I broke an engine and redesigned the replacement of the next weak link. Sometimes I don’t feel like giving up just because I can’t buy the part I need. One day I may break this one, and again learn from it.

The actual deficiency is the cooling system, and you wouldn’t appreciate the amount of research that went into a good solution. Yes… even more then buying the most expensive one I could find.

OK, Ill bite- Are you saying that something in my NSX sale sheet is not true or maybe not capable of the claims? I think it mentions somewhere that I would be happy to dyno… especially if the sale was contingent on the numbers I posted.

nsxlover said:
What are you doing for axle halfs and transmission? I need to do something with mine.

Transmissions are defiantly one of my unsolved weak links. The angled cut gearing in street transmissions puts side load on the teeth, rather then loud straight cut gears that put all the load rotationally. At one point both RTR and I were investigating making straight cut gears for the NSX, but that was when I and they were focused on running the World Challenge. Heat accelerates the failure, the trans fluid temperatures during road racing can get well beyond the oils operating range so a trans cooler helps. But I don’t have a solve-all solution that is cost effective . RTR changed their trans by routine after every 3 races to prevent failure.

I have never had a problem with half shafts. I do use new or have them rebuilt by Constant Velocity. I’m thinking that the failures I’m hearing about are either drag race related, or perhaps the problem is more perceived and perpetuated by people who have not actually had a failure. I suppose the lack of compliance may help my situation by allowing less bind… but I cant see that being a factor over wrinkle wall slicks at a standing start. Remember most of my acceleration is already rolling, and we defiantly don’t do a burn out before launching. Come to think of it, a drag launch pad is an optimal surface and in most cases rubber to rubber

Come to think of it I saw a company that makes thick custom drag shafts. I don’t remember the name, but they were advertising in one of the dedicated drag race magazines at the engine shop I use. One of those 17” x 24” papers. I also remember prices that were relative to pro level drag racing.

Back