NSX on ebay

I think the price is HIGH! This is the kind of car that should be selling in the high teens.

Let's see..

The seller states the following:

It is a SALVAGE TITLE CAR

Climate control does not turn on - could easily be $1000-$5000 depending what all is wrong with it

Needs brakes - all 4 pads and rotors with labor is probably $1000 - $1700 depending what you buy

You have to pay $300 in other fees on top of the auction price

Now let's see what the pictures tell us...

1. Drivers seat is VERY worn
2. Cheap chrome wheels with cheap Sumitomo tires - should be replaces right away (say $500 for nice used OEM wheels, $1200 for OEM tires and mounting, etc.)
3. Missing front toe hook ($25)
4. The paint on the dash trim is all bubbling and peeling off
5. I find it odd there are that many pictures of the car but none of the engine compartment...
6. Really low brake fluid, probably not a good sign for other maintenance.
7. Passenger door doesn't seem to align with the body, but maybe it was not closed all the way in the photos
8. Despire the ads claim that they couldn't see any damage when they put the car on a lift, I can clearly see that the front panels are all misaligned. This car has been hit in the front and poorly repaired. Whether that was related to the salvage title or not, I have no idea.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 27 November 2002).]

Originally posted by 079361:
I think the Buy it now" price on Ebay is way to cheap, could there be something wrong with the car, buyer beware. Here is the link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1873603166

What do you guys think?

You mean besides the salvage title? What worse could there be wrong with the car? Maybe the motor was swapped out with a 1.2 Civic engine
smile.gif

The really sad part is this car brings down the price of all the other NSX out there. Every time it changes hands the record-keepers mark down that an NSX was sold for 20k. If enough of these wrecks change hands the insurance company thinks your flawless NSX is worth not much more than the 20k average price.
That POS should have been shredded!

Back