NSX Newbie and loving it !!!!!

Just got my first NSX the other day.
I have had a few Porsches in the past, but never have I had more fun then driving this NSX. WOW what a blast!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I would have bought one years ago.
Its a 1994 with less then 50,000 miles on it.
By the way, does anyone know of a good place to have it worked on in the Redlands, Calif. area?
Doesnt need anything yet, but I know it will at some piont.
Glad to find the NSX Prime web page, its a great help.
Gary

Attachments

• NSX_CUT43.jpg
    NSX_CUT43.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 346
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Welcome and Congrats :smile: there are a few prime members in Redlands area so I will let them chime in. Enjoy yourself!

Gary, welcome from another Porsche kind of guy :wink:

You arguably got the best year ('94 coupe) that has tasteful mods (aftermarket exhaust), and for sure have the fastest color :biggrin:

Enjoy!
Brian

Welcome and Congrats!

Hello garyb, It is nice to read your ownership posting. I recall finding Prime, too. I had bought a '96 300ZX out of Texas, drove it for a few months, and said to myself "this ain't gettin' it!"

Suddenly, where to go from "there" came into focus - of course, with Prime's resources and enthusiasm :smile:

NOT ONE look back.

CONGRATS!

Welcome to the club, Gary. A P-car defector, eh? Nothing wrong with Porsches. I love them as I do most performance cars. However, an NSX with aftermarket exhaust (+headers even better) is a blast to drive as you now know.

Be on the watch for local events and get togethers. I for one have a keen interest in attending car meets and to drum-up some local activity. We have far too many NSXs in our region that hide in the woodwork, so to speak. Gotta coax them out with car meets, road trips, food- whatever it takes! Anyway, glad to have you in the neighborhood.

Steve

Gary, congratulations on you getting an NSX. Wherever you go, my view would be to make sure its a place that has a very well qualified NSX technician. I had an experience with a regular old Acura dealership who missed some glaring faults with a car. You may have to drive far to get the right place, but definitely worth it. Since you did not do a PPI on the car, maybe well worth the $100-120 to have the car inspected to give you peace of mind and know all is well. Regards.....Andrew

I live in Redlands too. If I need work I just take my car out to Ramon at Niguel Motors. If you see a black one driving around its probly me :biggrin:

I called Riverside Acura today and they told me that they have a well qualified NSX technician.
Has anyone on this list used Riverside Acura to work on a NSX?

I don't recall anyone mentioning Acura of Riverside. Quite a few San Diego owners take their cars to Jerry Sample at Greenlight Honda in Kearny Mesa. I tend to shy away from dealers these days in favor of independant shops.

Welcome...

May you continue to enjoy and love it for years to come. It looks great and like mentioned eariler, the fastest color too. :biggrin:

Gary,
congrats. I'm also in Redlands. I have not used anyone in Redlands for mechanical work, we are pretty fortunate to only live within hour distance to Niguel's, or Autowave. I would highly recommend them. I usually do my own oil change, and for suspension alignment, I have used Scott over at Pruett's. tell him I sent you, he does excellent work.

Paul

Gary

Welcome to the club!! Take the car to Autowave in Huntington Beach! They will steer you straight. There's a South Coast Acura meet 7/2 if you want to arrange dropping it off...maybe a fellow primer from the Redlands area can give you a ride back!!

Jeff

I live off Ford St. if you ever need a ride! I have never taken my car to Acura of Riverside and like what others have said I prefer Niguel Motors for service.

Just got my first NSX the other day.
I have had a few Porsches in the past, but never have I had more fun then driving this NSX. WOW what a blast!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I would have bought one years ago.
Its a 1994 with less then 50,000 miles on it.
By the way, does anyone know of a good place to have it worked on in the Redlands, Calif. area?
Doesnt need anything yet, but I know it will at some piont.
Glad to find the NSX Prime web page, its a great help.
Gary

NICE CAR!! I like the color also.lol

That would be great.
We could all meet up at some place in Redlands or maybe some place in Riverside.
Let's see if we can set something up.
Any ideas?

Congrats!! What Porsches have you owned?

Give us a comparision/review between the two.

Back