NSX loses power, then every warning indicator lights up

Running errands and gear shifting seemed to be a little off. When accelerating, the revs were increasing but the car didn't seem to be going as fast as normal. Accelerated a few more times (not full throttle) and all the warning lights came on: Power System, Hill Start Assist Problem, Brake System, Brake Hold System Problem. Acura Roadside sent a tow truck.

Any guesses?

Alternator?

I've heard of some cars needing it to be redone. Not sure if this was due to the same part number being used (as opposed to the new units) or bad installation.

I've heard of some cars needing it to be redone. Not sure if this was due to the same part number being used (as opposed to the new units) or bad installation.
I hope it's just a fuel pump. I was thinking it was the turbos given how slow the car was accelerating even though the revs were increasing quickly. Glad it's under warranty.

To my surprise, the dealer called today to say the NSX was ready. They found fault codes with the "idle air control" and performed a re-learn procedure. I picked up the car and drove off.

While leaving the dealership, the problem occurred again. First an abrupt shift, then a loss in power, then all the warning lights. I turned around dropped the car off again. This time, they will replace the idle air control. Hopefully, that will take care of everything.

Have them check you battery health..

both

2021, 15k miles, no mods.

Any ideas? Dealer still hasn't figured it out.
I would have them check the regular 12V battery and also the recent data via a scan tool for any stored codes or data that can help find the issue. They should also be following the troubleshooting flow path of "easy" stuff first. Does your dealer have a certified NSX tech at that location?

I would have them check the regular 12V battery and also the recent data via a scan tool for any stored codes or data that can help find the issue. They should also be following the troubleshooting flow path of "easy" stuff first. Does your dealer have a certified NSX tech at that location?
They have an NSX certified tech and an NSX certified SA. The stored codes point to the idle control. I suggested (via text) that they check the batteries but I haven't heard back.

They have an NSX certified tech and an NSX certified SA. The stored codes point to the idle control. I suggested (via text) that they check the batteries but I haven't heard back.
You should be in good hands. Since the car is so technical and full of electronics, they might have to do some troubleshooting into certain systems to find the fault if it is intermittent. Did you do anything to the car recently? Car wash? Engine detail, air filter? Please keep us posted.

Got the car back on Tuesday (after 2 weeks at the dealer). Apparently, a discharge hose for the throttle body was attached backwards and became disconnected. I’ve never touched it but I’m not the original owner. Service records show all work has been done by various Acura dealers but there’s no way to prove which dealer attached it incorrectly.

In the end, I paid $360 for labor, which was fine. I left town as soon as I picked up the car so I don’t know yet if everything has been resolved. For now, I assume it has been.

Back