NSX Loosing to the Honda S2000

NSX less votes than Honda S2000

Vote for the best Japanese sports car HERE.

Last edited:
Or you can click HERE or use the permalink here and also here.

Aside from your interweb skills ;) , congrats on your legend build. It's quite a feat.

:redface: oops... Thanks. (fixed)

As of now, the top 5 in the poll are: S2000(35%), Evo(26%), Supra(8%), NSX(5%), Nissan Zs(4%).

It is not surprising that a larger ownership base will normally win the poll. Just like who goes to the All-Star game (large fan base).

As of now, the top 5 in the poll are: S2000(35%), Evo(26%), Supra(8%), NSX(5%), Nissan Zs(4%).

It is not surprising that a larger ownership base will normally win the poll. Just like who goes to the All-Star game (large fan base).
+1

People tend to vote for the car they own. The Z, RX, and GTRs have a very rich racing herritage and they are loosing to an S2000 that has no big racing successes.

I am a fan of the S2000m even managed to get my cousin to buy a brand new one in 06 against a Boxster. It is obvious that since a lot more people can afford to buy and more importantly run an S2K they will win.

Anyone can buy an NSX, now to run it properly and mod it to taste it takes $$$ or in my case £££. :)

Except there are more 350z's than S2000's. 350z base also retailed for less new. Same with Evos.

Except there are more 350z's than S2000's. 350z base also retailed for less new. Same with Evos.

That is true, but maybe the non-S2000 and non-350Z owners voted for the S2000 instead of voting for the Evo or the Z. Other possibilities, higher percentage of S2000 owners voted. That are many more non owners than S2000, 350Z, and Evo owners combined. I wonder how many people who voted actually drove the car that they voted for?:rolleyes:

I don't think its a big deal if someone vote for a car they've never driven. The classics don't really stand a chance if we all went by that rule. Same goes for the Skyline and GTR since its pretty new.

I'm surprised that it only takes 5,000 votes to be number 1. Seems really low for a internet pool considering a bunch of people at s2ki.com probably voted.

What's the difference what that poll shows? Everyone here knows that it's the NSX ! :biggrin:

That is true, but maybe the non-S2000 and non-350Z owners voted for the S2000 instead of voting for the Evo or the Z. Other possibilities, higher percentage of S2000 owners voted. That are many more non owners than S2000, 350Z, and Evo owners combined. I wonder how many people who voted actually drove the car that they voted for?:rolleyes:

There was only ~5000 votes for the number one voted car. I can bet that there are more than 5000 S2000 owners out there, even just for one year's production alone. Internet polls are catered to a sample audience that can be very biased. Super Mario has the tendency to be voted best gamer, ever! on GameFAQS.com. Does anybody really care to agree to that? Or maybe because the older audience that actually takes time to vote have nostagic memory of a midget plumber?

Internet polls on special interest sites are biased. Obviously the people who read that magazine or go to that site drives or like S2000s. It'd be just like if we took a poll on this site and it would not be surprising if the NSX came out on top 9 times out of 10.

Back