nsx leaking lots of 'clear' water...

i did a search, but haven't found too much on the exact issues, so if a quick address can be made, i'd appreciate it a lot...

i just got a 95 nsx-t. and everytime i drive the car, and park it... i see a substantial amount of 'clear' fluid from under the frontal area of the car. because its clear, i just want to think its some sort of condensation leak from the AC system? i know that if i run the AC it seems like it might be a factor? any clues?

thanks again in advanced~!!!

not house-broken?

A/C removes moisture (humidity ~ heat) from the cabin air. The resulting condensation, namely aqueous solution has to go somewhere! :cool:

Texas. Summer. A/C. Fan-speed on CCU stuck @ high. . . it looks like a pool under my NSX after a reasonable jaunt.

Re: not house-broken?

Last year I hit a groundhog, parked my car at the office and came back to it at the end of the day to find what was probably a gallon of water coming from it. Turn the car on and fluid would POUR out from around of the passenger wheel. I was pretty sure it was water, but.....

Based upon the amount of fluid, I thought I must have damaged something with the groundhog (which was severly damaged itself - done infact).

I had it flatbedded to the dealer.

It was condensation from the AC. I guessed it wasnt releasing the water previously and something came loose and let it all out at once.

You sure its water? I thought mine was water until it didnt disappear after 1 day. Come to find out it was brake fluid. I didnt have the cap all the way down/secured.:tongue: :wink:

If it's condensation from the A/C, it will be cold water. Feel it while it's dripping if you can. If it's cold, it's the A/C.

JMHO & FWIW, YMMV.

It can only be one of four fluids. Brake, coolant, washer, or water condensation. All four have different colors so a diagnosis should be prety simple. Unless you only use water in the washer resivoir.

DocL said:
It can only be one of four fluids. Brake, coolant, washer, or water condensation. All four have different colors so a diagnosis should be prety simple. Unless you only use water in the washer resivoir.

haha.. very simple logic... yes, its definitely clear liquid.. and because it does seem to evaporate without leaving any residue, its probably water more than anything else. i'm not about to use the taste test.... thanks guys!

the car does seem to continue to drip a lot of the clear fluid... should i be worried that this is leaking from something that NEEDS the water, or is this just merely external condensation?

Easy way to get your answer: Do not use the AC and see if you stop seeing water (or whatever your leaking fluid is). I put $20 on it being exactly what everyone is advising you it is.

Back