NSX just got rarer

Firstly, our condolences to the people of Japan. Their innovation and hard work and creativity is enjoyed by us all whenever we drive this car.

In that regard, our car and mainly, its parts have just become rarer. Attempts to order parts to refurbish the car (let alone fix one), are met with, "back order, has to come from Japan please come back in 6 months".

For us Canadians its worse, because anything that actually "comes" into Canada from Japan, gets shipped out to the USA to a central plexuses for Honda and gets redistributed out everwhere else. And, yes, the Americans have priority and first crack at any part that Honda needs. There is no "rationing" of some parts for Canada.

So, some may see this as a good time to purchase one, BUT as you all know, upkeep is paramount for this car!!! And upkeep has just gotten 1000% more difficult.

Last edited:
thats good and bad.

the good is our cars will be worth more.

and I dont think that we cant get parts. If there is a demand for parts someone will pick up the bill to make them. or compatible parts.

lucky for us lots of parts are used in many other honda cars.

the BAD is we need to start making adapters, etc.etc to make them work in our cars.

this will be a NEW common thing.

the list goes on and on,

ac compressor from a Legend or an Intergra,

driver switches from legend coupe,

oil pan gasket from Legend,

mirror switch from legend,

alarm from legend,

ABS unit most new honda's/acura's

windsheild wiper motors and arms form legend

window regulators/motor from a 1993 Accord

there is a hug thread about parts that fit the NSX

The back order on parts today is because there are rotating brown outs in Japan. Auto Manufacturing is just starting to get back on line and only part time at that. The parts available before the earth quake are still available, bu the ability for Honda to ship parts has become more difficult. Parts have not disappeared, but getting them off the shelf and shipped out has become more difficult.
You are right about parts available in Canada. I buy most of mine in the US anyway, they are up to 50% cheaper.

Parts will become more and more difficult to buy as time goes on. I know the 91 - 2001 brake caliber rebuild kits are no longer available, but any bearing shop can supply the o-rings with the measurements. Same goes for the first generation ALB assembly. O rings can be bought from bearing suppliers.

I didnt even think about this! I just thought omg those poor people. I was looking to do a water pump and timing belt service done very soon too. When I read the title of this thread I thought maybe this guy knew of some NSX's that got damaged over there. Maybe some did?

I didnt even think about this! I just thought omg those poor people. I was looking to do a water pump and timing belt service done very soon too. When I read the title of this thread I thought maybe this guy knew of some NSX's that got damaged over there. Maybe some did?

My thoughts as well...hopefully many didn't perish. Sad.

wait, there is a country in serious problems and dead and missing people and you guys are worried about a spike in pricess? Please say it aint so.

+1 ..

Wait, there is a country in serious problems and dead and missing people and you guys are worried about a spike in pricess? Please say it aint so.

You know when I posted my comments I knew someone would feel entitled to lecture me...:rolleyes:

Guess what? As terrible as the tragedies in Japan are, and I agree this is beyond terrible, we all move on. Its not to say we shouldn't ignore what has happened or donate if you can, but why can't we talk about other things that this tragedy in Japan will affect.

Get real.

The car hasn't been produced in 6 years so parts will no longer be available in the future unless you find USED or if someone starts to make aftermarket replacement parts.

You know when I posted my comments I knew someone would feel entitled to lecture me...:rolleyes:

Guess what? As terrible as the tragedies in Japan are, and I agree this is beyond terrible, we all move on. Its not to say we shouldn't ignore what has happened or donate if you can, but why can't we talk about other things that this tragedy in Japan will affect.

Get real.

My eyes rolled too.

Listen, its not like Jetpilot watched the tsunami and immediately posted "screw the people, save the parts", why is there someone always out there that thinks its terrible to discuss things. It doesn't make the poster callus, Gees!

It impacted us too, not to the extent of being radiated or drowned, but we feel an effect. Perhaps someone wants to make us feel like its wrong to mention or ask... but thats just rude on their part.

People just need a little tougher skin -

Jetpilot - you can be my wingman anytime! (sorry, it was on ION channel this week) BLAHHHHHHH (yes I watched it)

I read that the fallout from Japan has reached Arizona or Nevada? It was on Yahoo. It may affect a lot more folks if they don't get that reactor cooled down. I can only hope and I'm very sorry for those in Japan as well. When tragedies like this occur on an island there will be far reaching effects. Wonder if parts that are shipped are radio active? Mmmmm?

I read that the fallout from Japan has reached Arizona or Nevada?

Tiny amounts of radiation from Japan reach Las Vegas

godzilla3d2f1f26fhq6.jpg

I read that the fallout from Japan has reached Arizona or Nevada? It was on Yahoo. It may affect a lot more folks if they don't get that reactor cooled down. I can only hope and I'm very sorry for those in Japan as well. When tragedies like this occur on an island there will be far reaching effects. Wonder if parts that are shipped are radio active? Mmmmm?
oh no.. not you too Tim.

Back