NSX is a Corvette??

Magnum didn't own his Ferrari.

I have to get a pic of the guy who regularly shows his "bumble bee" at the local shows. Talk about stereotypes: Black dyed hair, bushy mustache, chest hair/un-buttoned shirt, gold chains, etc. This guy is the poster child!

To be fair, I did own/worship Corvettes in the past ('68 and '72).

hey now, watch that bumblebee referance:wink:

hey now, watch that bumblebee referance:wink:

Nah, we're talking "disco-licious" here...

IMG_2261.jpg

thats funny, you asked the Vett guy if it was an NSX. that is so funny.

Im gonna do that next time on a vett guy. LOL

junk cars. if I won a 2010 Vett in a raffle,
I would drive it to the Acura Dealer and
upgrade to a Base model 2010 Acura TSX LOL TSX
yep.. def an Upgrade LOL
and I would get the roll down windows and 2 Knob radio.
with the dealer Option of FM and AM channels

well since i drove it to the dealer its value dropped 15 Bucks a
mile so I might have it towed to the dealer to save money. LOL

Tell us how you really feel about corvettes! Interesting post though because if anyone had said to me that there was a person on earth who was a performance car enthusiast and yet would take the TSX over a corvette c6 I'd have *bet money* it was impossible. At least someone on earth considers the TSX more than utterly and totally forgettable! That's good for Honda, i guess. Personally, I'd rather have a Civic than a TSX, but I'd take the Vette over anything Honda currently makes without blinking.

On the subject at hand, the NSX went extinct 5 years ago after having sold 8000 units in more than a decade. Chevy moves that many Corvettes every quarter. The lines are generally similar to non enthusiasts. Is it really so shocking or incomprehensible that people would think vette when they see the NSX? I've gotten many "is that a Ferrari????" comments too... Maybe it depends who is driving and who is looking.

Last edited:
Tell us how you really feel about corvettes! Interesting post though because if anyone had said to me that there was a person on earth who was a performance car enthusiast and yet would take the TSX over a corvette c6 I'd have *bet money* it was impossible. At least someone on earth considers the TSX more than utterly and totally forgettable! That's good for Honda, i guess. Personally, I'd rather have a Civic than a TSX, but I'd take the Vette over anything Honda currently makes without blinking.

On the subject at hand, the NSX went extinct 5 years ago after having sold 8000 units in more than a decade. Chevy moves that many Corvettes every quarter. The lines are generally similar to non enthusiasts. Is it really so shocking or incomprehensible that people would think vette when they see the NSX? I've gotten many "is that a Ferrari????" comments too... Maybe it depends who is driving and who is looking.

I meant to say the same thing: anybody, ANYBODY, who claims to be a "car enthusiast" and would take a TSX over a C6 based on anything other than you need a car for 4 people, is insane. I don't care for Vette's but they are simply amazing cars. The Z06 will run down almost any car on the road...and it can corner pretty god damn well too!

here is the Vette compared to the NSX

top is NSX bottom is Vette

that is way to close.. maybe they just said send us all your left over NSX lights LOL

and I was joking about trading a Z06 for a TSX

picture.php

Last edited:
I had a new one today. A guy looking at my car said, "You can't walk into a Nissan dealer and get an NSX anymore, can you?"

:confused: :tongue:

In the past week, I've gotten a Ferrari comment and a Corvette comment as well.

that is way to close.. maybe they just said send us all your left over NSX lights LOL

picture.php

Actually THIS is the C6 (05+) headlamp...

0410vet_10z+2005_Chevrolet_Corvette_C6+Gray_Passenger_Side_Headlight.jpg
2005-chevrolet-corvette-c6-coupe-front-view-588x441.jpg

What you linked to is a modded (after-market) C5 (97-04) headlight, which came from the factory with flip-ups (like the 91-01 NSX)

C5 Factory front-end
29212740003_large.jpg

Last edited:
What you linked to is a modded (after-market) C5 (97-04) headlight, which came from the factory with flip-ups (like the 91-01 NSX)

Exactly right.

I wonder if the lights from the modded Vette would work on an 02 conversion? I heard they were only 700/set.

I don't usually get the vette comment. If anything it is people asking if it's a Ferrari. I usually just say what ever they want to hear. Its great though when a girl says nice Ferrari lol.

I don't think it is a coincidence that they look so similar. IIRC, GM bought and dissected a NA1 NSX when they were desigining the C5 Vette. Especially the chassis rigidity aspect. Our NSX really was a game changer for many sports cars in the 1990's.

Lately the guys, yeah it's always guys, asking me about my car know what it is!

It looks kind of like a vette or vice versa. I can see that. but only at a casual glance. Most that don't know - don't know a lot about cars. My wife knows more than most I run into. She's a rare one though.

I also get the Ferrari comment too. I never mind really - if someone wants to talk about it I am happy to talk - big surprise huh...:wink:

and I was joking about trading a Z06 for a TSX

picture.php

That is teh NSX lights. Since vetts C5 have a problem with there lights this guy put in NSX lights. I know this because my buddy who is a Vett guy knows the owner of this yellow vett with the NSX lights.

I just got a Corvette-mistaking an hour ago by a bicylce-racer in his late 30's. From a bigger distance he thought it to be a Corvette but the nearer he came the more confused he was. I told him that's a Honda and he asked NSX? So he knew the car. :)
I got three Corvette mistakings so far. Overhere in Europe there are very few Corvettes, much, much less than in the US.

Wow. In Europe you can drive a Corvette and yet still retain some exclusivity.:smile:

IN most paces in the world, a Vette is pretty BAD-ASS ... problems is that in the US they are as common as those old vw bugs in South America, sucks b/c then people take them for granted ...

Oscar

This pic is taken from another thread.

Please Explain???
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
39123_1456670331374_1071823690_31360532_7578646_n.jpg

Corvette finally admitting they stole styling cues from the NSX?

I have only owned my car for a week and a half, but I parked it at a shopping center out in the back, and came out and there was a white Corvette next to it. An older guy was looking at my NSX( I thought to be the owner of the Vette, but no) I smiled at the guy unlocked my car, and he said "Thats the best looking Camaro I have seen in a long time." I sat there with my eyebrows raised and puzzled look on my face. Didn't know wether to correct him or say yeah...think I was still absorbing what he said about my Acura in. I just smiled nodded and went on about my day.

I have ran into a couple of Corvette owners this last weekend, and they both gave me thumbs up.

I only wish my NSX sounded as good as Danny Popp's Corvette! :wink: (the first one in the vid - you can't miss it)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/xeIMBD6BCRQ&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/xeIMBD6BCRQ&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/fgMPMZjp4mE&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/fgMPMZjp4mE&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
I have only owned my car for a week and a half, but I parked it at a shopping center out in the back, and came out and there was a white Corvette next to it. An older guy was looking at my NSX( I thought to be the owner of the Vette, but no) I smiled at the guy unlocked my car, and he said "Thats the best looking Camaro I have seen in a long time." I sat there with my eyebrows raised and puzzled look on my face. Didn't know wether to correct him or say yeah...think I was still absorbing what he said about my Acura in. I just smiled nodded and went on about my day.

I have ran into a couple of Corvette owners this last weekend, and they both gave me thumbs up.

That's just messed up!

Wow I wondered why nobody mentioned Ken Okuyama in this discussion. He designed the Nsx AND the C5 Corvette.

That's just messed up!

That's not really as much of a stretch as it would first seem. Look up side or rear view pictures of a late 90s Camaro Z28, especially a red one with a black top and compare it to an early 90s NSX. I'd say it doesn't really look less like the early NSX than the newer Corvette does compared to the newer NSX.

Of course, this is thinking about it from the "non-enthusiast" perspective.

Someone just asked if mine was a Fiero:biggrin:

Back